Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Epic actually invest money into the development of Shenmue 3 or did they just pay for a deal of, "put it on our store for a year and we'll pay you up front for X amount of copies" keep seeing people saying Epic might invest in Shenmue 4 but I'm not sure that's how that store it works.

Did Epic actually invest money into the development of Shenmue 3 or did they just pay for a deal of, "put it on our store for a year and we'll pay you up front for X amount of copies" keep seeing people saying Epic might invest in Shenmue 4 but I'm not sure that's how that store it works.
So I'm not sure but I think what is standard here is a lump sum for the exclusivity and then I know Epic gives more to the developer on their sales of the game (I forget the exact numbers but Steam takes somewhere around 30% where Epic takes about 12%). Also if I remember right the license fee for Unreal Engine was waved for signing with Epic.

Either way I'm pretty sure Epic doesn't invest in games (could be wrong on that one, they do have a studio so they may through that), still knowing that a store like Epic is there offering a lump sum and a better cut as well as a waived engine fee will make Shenmue 4 an easier sell for investors.

Usually it's payed up front an X amount of copies but Deep Silver said it was a joint decision with Ys Net so maybe the deal could have gone into S4's development. We just don't know

And still out of stock at Amazon. I hope they fix that!

Usually it's payed up front an X amount of copies but Deep Silver said it was a joint decision with Ys Net so maybe the deal could have gone into S4's development. We just don't know
If it's paid up front for the copies I can't see them sinking into development, maybe if it was just ys net but not deep silver. Because if you paid up front for 5000 copies, and you put that money into the game, you're already making a loss on sales for the first 5000 copies because you've already spent that money. Doesn't seem like good business, to me. I might be wrong.

If it's paid up front for the copies I can't see them sinking into development, maybe if it was just ys net but not deep silver. Because if you paid up front for 5000 copies, and you put that money into the game, you're already making a loss on sales for the first 5000 copies because you've already spent that money. Doesn't seem like good business, to me. I might be wrong.
Epic offered 200k copies to Samurai Showdown so it's not out of the ballpark for Shenmue 3. That's a lot of money

Its clearly an ad. You dont expect people to like and comment. The sole purpose is for people to click the shop now button and purchase the game through the epic store
I stand corrected.

Man I wish amazon would hurry up and restock the game. It’s #68 and falling. It will be interesting to see how much it climbs after restocking.

The HD version of 1 and 2 is #44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back