SUKA PASS: a fan-made Shenmue Passport app

Finally dowloaded it and I want to say this app is amazing! I've missed Passport Disc when i played Shenmue 1 on Dreamcast, but now I know how awesome it is. I hope we will see Shenmue 2 characters profiles soon and get more music.
You do great job! Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Haha, pleased that you're excited to see what we have in store!

Next update we're bringing back another online only feature, and trying to cater to a couple of fan requests for current features!

It's gonna be a steady burn, we have tons to recreate which is exciting :), so thanks for being patient with us, after all it's not just Suka Pass we spend our time on at the end of the day (so it's greatly appreciated)!

Will the new Feature need an internet connection like the video section or will it be downloaded into our device of choice?

Will the new Feature need an internet connection like the video section or will it be downloaded into our device of choice?
Internet connection not needed! It will be entirely offline.

Good! When the app will be available in AppStore? I mean without using the Testflight.

Apologies for the somewhat extra step with TestFlight, but it's currently the only way we can list the app for iPhones. Just think of it as any other kind of app, but you download from Apple Testflight instead of Apple App Store :)

Apologies for the somewhat extra step with TestFlight, but it's currently the only way we can list the app for iPhones. Just think of it as any other kind of app, but you download from Apple Testflight instead of Apple App Store :)
That’s okay and Apple TestFlight is not problem. I’m just wondering what happens to the Suka Pass on iOS, if you stop to update the app and release new builds. I’ve never used TestFlight early and don’t know what happens after the 90 day have passed.

I hope you won’t stop to update the app :giggle:

The App continues to work on your device, and we're continuing to update the app until we're happy that everything has been restored! If we have to stay on testflight, we'll just push out something every 90 days if we have to :)

Suka Pass v1.2 has just been released! We're really excited about this one, as it brings back a huge feature that was only available in the online Passport: the "Places" section with all its maps and location details. You can even see how the original images from the Dreamcast look compared to the new HD ones.

@James Brown has put together an awesome overview video:

NEW FEATURES
* Places: maps of every Yokosuka area, completely restored for the first time since 2001! Includes images and the original descriptions for all of the points of interest. Compare HD vs original Passport images.
* New Music: Shops playlist featuring the music found in every shop in Shenmue.
* Jukebox lock-screen feature: display a lock screen while continuing listening to music
* Various minor bug fixes and improvements.

More details & download link here:

https://www.sukapass.com/2019/12/suka-pass-v12-update.html

Was the content for the Places feature (maps, descriptions, screenshots) included on the Passport disc, but was only accessible when being online? If not, how did you manage to find/recreate it?
The maps and Dreamcast screenshots were on the disc, but not the rest. We took new screenshots for all the locations to make HD quality versions, and managed to track down the Japanese descriptions from an old internet archive, and translated them into English. So it was a fairly painstaking process! 🤓

Back