Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Yes, it's a shame they didn't use this track. But I'm most disappointed that there is no horn sound from Shenmue 1.

It is also missing Chai theme. :(

I found the very end of Bailu Village chapter very underwhelming and anti-climactic but, wow! The scene is so much better with your music. Even the treacly Shenhua's line sounds more convincing.

It's impressive how a relevant music can change almost everything when you re-watch the original scene:

Never forget how far we have come.

Yeah, funny how far the game graphically came along. The architecture and environments especially in the final game look spectacular, I love them. The game has a really clean art style/image quality to it, more so than quite a few PS4 games I played recently. It was a joy just exploring the game world.

Back during the KS days, I convinced two friends to put money on S3, both pledged 60 for the phisical PS4. One of them purchased the other day S1&2 and started S1 before playing 3. I asked him what I think about the game and usual complains aside he is really liking it, he said "I don't know why something so asoweme released so long ago took me until today to play it". I think I have created a fan and I am super happy.

Just finished the game now. Took me more than one month but I played it very slowly. Was a great game and I hope we do not have to wait another 20 years for part 4. The time 3 ended when the story really moved an. The last battle was really great. It clearly showed how much progress Ryo made compared to the beginning of S1. But he is still not good enough to beat this certain foe.

The graphics of the game were great as well. From the new characters I liked Nio Su the most. She is really crazy but also a very sneaky enemy. Did not see it coming that she was in the game for quite some time in disguise.

I would give the 9/10 points. The reasons why I do not give the game a perfect score are the new gameplay elements. The eating system is just annoying, it spoils the exploring segments of the game a lot. The new combat system is also inferior to the old one. Not that bad but I still prefer the old system. I especially missed the auto energy regain feature.

Last edited:
Everyone, try walking down the street and running down a staircase like Ryo does in Shenmue 3. You'll feel much better :)

shenmue_3_how_to_get_the_50_year_old_wine_lao_jiu_1406257.jpg

That is good work!

The graphics of the game were great as well. From the new characters I liked Nio Su the most. She is really crazy but also a very sneaky enemy. Did not see it coming that she was in the game for quite some time in disguise.

This has been bothering me since yesterday. You should really put spoiler tags around that part I edited above. I didn’t know that and now it’s spoiled that surprise for me. My own fault for being on a a forum but this is also a non-spoiler forum so...

I'm going to be really blunt, but I can't seriously be the only person who saw Li Feng for the first time and instsntly thought "I bet that's Niao Sun in disguise." It was really obvious.
Yup, very obvious
I mean the game makes sure to focus on her several times, and what with the game not focusing on many characters you gotta ask yourself "what's so important about her? And yeah, I successfully guessed her identity very early on

I'm going to be really blunt, but I can't seriously be the only person who saw Li Feng for the first time and instsntly thought "I bet that's Niao Sun in disguise." It was really obvious.

Nope, same here! Immediately.
First of all Li Feng is like THE MOST BEAUTIFUL female character anywhere in Shenmue, that sort of detailing had to matter. Also when Shenhua wanted to talk to her and Ryo gives away she's hot lol

I'm ashamed to say I picked up on this a bit later than you guys.
Specifically the moment I saw her at the Red Snakes hideout. The first couple of times you see her I thought maybe Ryo had himself a new love interest. But her conspicuously being at the enemy base finally made me realise it was Niao Sun all along.

Back