General RGG Discussion

I'll end up getting it twice. Once imported, once in English. I just can't wait, I say it every game as release schedules get closer and closer together but I get more and more hyped with these new releases - 7 especially has just been looking better and better with each new reveal.

I'm importing Y7 next month without question. :) I'll no doubt buy the Western Version when it comes out too (as I have done with every Yakuza game thus far since Y3 on the PS3)

Last edited:
I do often prefer the Japanese dubs to this type of stuff except perhaps for Shenmue and Nier, but unfortunately I don’t actually know enough Japanese writing to often get through one of these. I managed both Nier Replicant and Red Seeds Profile if only because I played the English versions enough to memorize all the menus and items and side quests, etc.

That's cool; I use the guides on kouryakutsushin (or whatever) and similar sites, as they are fantastic and easy to read via google translate.

I would buy the japanese / asian version if Sega would do it like Koei Tecmo because
their Taiwan and sometimes even the japanese versions have english text.
But i cant read or understand japanese, so i just wouldnt understand anything in a japanese Yakuza version.
I saw and heard what the german guy had to translate in Ishin with all the side missions, cutscenes and gameplay mechanics
and it was so much that i would never try to play it. He translated non stop. I want to understand everything and not just guess.
Sure, you can find guides where everything is explained but if i have to read about pretty much everything(!),
menues, dialogues, text, mechanics, descriptions ... why should i play the game.
I feel like thats not how i'm supposed to experience a game.
So a japanese version is not an option for me.

So, unable to stay away from more weird Yakuza 7 theories, there's something that's been pointed out that's getting harder to ignore - spoilers on characters, theories, and deaths in the series
So... this:
EM4FNxTU0AE-c-3.png:large

Worth noting - "Gao" (or whatever his name is) knows of Kiryu (this is noted in recent Gematsu updates). And you really can't ignore that striking resemblance to Lau who got shot in the head in Yakuza 3.

Then there's the master of the bar Ichiban and co frequent. Several people have noted his resemblance to Kashiwagi (I don't see it myself) and again, he was shot (many times) and is definitely dead. Like, super dead.

And then you have Han Jun Gi. In the main plot to 7 and was also shot in 6 (surely dead?)
So what's going on? The bartender might just be a coincidence, but Lau seems far to similar and well Han is totally in the main game.

Then you have Kiryu. He's not dead but he did leave at the end of 6. Under the seemingly normal story there's this weird undertone of death by gunshot here, heck all this weird stuff only starts appearing AFTER Ichiban himself gets shot. Who knows what's really going on but this is the most intrigued I've been with a Yakuza story maybe ever.

Finished Yakuza 3 last night. I know for some its considered the weakest, but I will stand by it. I loved the change of pace. I loved the orphanage stuff. For me, Y4 is still the weakest of the series (which I will probably move onto next...might try to blitz through the story before Y7 drops)

But yeah, I enjoyed my time again with Y3. Will probably clean up the rest of the side stories today since I have nothing else to do (75 of 109). Doubt I'll platinum it but I at least want to see the rest of the side stories and fight Armon.

Would that be Tamzarian or is there another Armon? ;)

It's still my favourite game in the series and nothing will dethrone it, I feel.

I wouldn't have discovered Okinawa if this game didn't exist and it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Japan!

Would that be Tamzarian or is there another Armon? ;)

It's still my favourite game in the series and nothing will dethrone it, I feel.

I wouldn't have discovered Okinawa if this game didn't exist and it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Japan!

Considering I never went for the optional bosses in the PS3 version (I think I tapped out somewhere around 30 side quests in the PS3 version as I moved on to other games), yeah I never even made it there the first time around to find out what his name was.

I'm just pulling your leg, Dan ;) I know you mean Amon. You typed it as, "Armon," though, so I'm just playing along with the typo ;)

Seems like there will be a collaboration between Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin and Ryu Ga Gotoku Online?

Yup. There are a few nice SSR cards for Ishin appearing - Kiryu, Majima, Saejima (as you'd expect, main characters and all) and... Karou - who wasn't actually even in Ishin. But she looks fantastic so it actually makes me sad they never included her...
I'd imagine we'll get some Ishin related scenarios and more cards (I mean, Mine HAS to be on his way). Its nice to see them at least ackowledging the spinoffs, maybe it leads to some Kenzan content as well - though really I'd love some Judges Eyes/Black Panther stuff included since those are both closely tied to Yakuza. Who wouldn't want a Tatsuya or Kaito SSR card?

And as of today, its only another 15 days until Yakuza 7, yay!

So Yakuza 7 got a 38 out of 40 from Famitsu.

Best clear out some of that backlog because next week is rapidly approaching. :D Ended up cancelling my Amazon Japan order and bought it digitally instead. Cost a little bit more, but I kind of want it Day 1 and could be assed waiting for it to ship from Amazon Japan then re-ship from the Tenso Proxy Delivery Address (we can't import direct from Amazon Japan anymore due to shitty tax laws) and I know I'll buy the physical when it comes out in the west. So I nabbed a 10,000 Yen Japanese PSN card from Play Asia and just pre ordered the digital copy instead.

I just want it installed day one on my drive and ready to go for next weekend without the hassle of waiting for a shipment to arrive.

I'm going to wait for the physical to come in in a few weeks (I don't mind waiting :)). Hell, I still have to buy it this week! :eek:

oof, now I've finally gotten Shenmue 3 done twice back-to-back, time to get into Yakuza 6/Last Guardian/Yakuza 0. Meant to play at least two of those before November, but got thru some other 6th/7th gen backlog first, then lost my gaming luster in last few months being too hyped for Shenmue lll

Just preordered the remaster collection for $43 with my soon to expire GCU at Best Buy & 10% birthday discount. *`<- 8^)

Back