AVAILABLE NOW
[Port] Yakuza [3, 4 & 5] Remastered Collection (PS4) - February 2020
[Port] Yakuza 0 & Kiwami 1 (Xbox One, Gamepass, W10) - Early 2020
Judgment (PS4) - June 25th 2019

UPCOMING RELEASES (Americas & Europe)
[Port] Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Xbox One, Gamepass, W10) - TBA Early 2020
Yakuza [7]: Like A Dragon (PS4, XB1, XBSX, Steam, W10) - November 2020

UPCOMING RELEASES (Japan & Asia)
TBA (We will likely hear more at TGS/TGS-equivalent event)

Previously Released Titles:
West/European Releases:
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Steam) - May 9th, 2019
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) - October 2nd, 2018
Yakuza Kiwami 1 (Steam) - February 19th, 2019
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4) - August 28th, 2018
Yakuza 0 (Steam) - August 1st, 2018
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4)
Yakuza Kiwami 1 [Remake] (PS4)
Yakuza 0 (Steam) (PS4)
Yakuza 5 (PS3 Digital-only)
Yakuza: Dead Souls [Zombie Spinoff] (PS3)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)
Yakuza (PS2)

Japanese (or Asian where specified) Releases:
Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 [Yakuza 7] (PS4) - January 16th, 2020
Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 HD [Yakuza 5 HD] (PS4) - June 20, 2019
Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 HD [Yakuza 4 HD] (PS4) - January 17th, 2018
Judge Eyes (PS4) - December 13th, 2018
Ryu Ga Gotoku Online [Yakuza Online] (PC, iOS, Android) - Dec 2018
Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 HD [Yakuza 3 HD] (PS4) - August 9th, 2018
Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan (PS3)
[Japan/Asia Only] Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (PS4) (PS3)
Kurohyou: Ryu Ga Gotoku Shinso [Black Panther] (PSP)
Kurohyou: Ryu Ga Gotoku Asura Hen [Black Panther 2] (PSP)

Discuss all you want about all current/upcoming games surrounding the adventures of the the Dragon of Dojima, the Dragon of Rock Bottom (and more Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios games!) right here!

Last edited:
When I go to grab one of my Shenmue I+II preorders, I'mm gonna grab a PS4 Slim as well as Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 0. Can't wait! Also, Syberia 3 for good measure; I had two long, patient waits for the third installments of a beloved saga--pity me. :eek:

Are we confident that the Yakuza 3,4,5 PS4 versions will be released outside of Japan? I'm going through the series in order and sure hope I don't have to buy a ridiculously expensive PS3 copy of Yakuza 3 off eBay...

What another example of a great comeback, this is a series which has become so much more accessible in recent years - I rmemebr being put off after the abandonment of Yakuza 5 and thinsg weren't looking good. But SEGA has really brought new life into this series with the Kiwami Remasters and release of Yakuza 0 recently.
YAKUZA3DISH.JPG
I am really hoping SEGA doesn't forget about us in regards to the Yakuza 3, 4 & 5 Remasters! While I can now play them all on PS3 it is not essential... but my what a luxury it would be! My plan is to play the series properly upon Kiwami 2! I've beat 0 & Kiwami 1 and hope to move onto the others - I've got my copy of 6 already on my shelf :p But depending on SEGA pushing them Remasters, I will either move onto 3 straight after or wait - Also hoping we can get a more pure version of 3, I have beat that one eyar ago and really enjoeyd it but this could be a good time for it.

I'm currently going through Real Estate Royale in 0, I love it.
Spoilers:
Couldn't believe I got to beat the electronics kings at Outrun as I personally had never got so far since the old days when I played it on Shenmue II.

A surge of good discounts on physical copies (not to mention the great ones on the store, but I'd still like to get this series as a physical item if possible) has made me get Kiwami and 6, while also eagerly awaiting Kiwami 2. I'm about 34 hours in and chapter 6 on 0.. I think I can beat it before the 28th, but will I be able to beat one of the others too before then? Decisions!

I got Yakuza Kiwami recently and it's just amazing. I never got into the series until recently with Sega releasing the series on PS4.

I'm wondering if it's worth dipping into Yakuza Kiwami 2. I completed Yakuza 6 on Hard when it came out and I found the ragdoll physics a little overkill. Yakuza 2 generally seems to be heralded as one of the best amongst them all with Yakuza 0 because of it's plot. This remake does make things more smooth with the Dragon Engine compared to 6 such as faster combat + more heat moves (which was a big complaint by many) so definitely some improvements there. With Shenmue 1&2 coming out a week before and me generally not playing anything that isn't Shenmue I might not even bother with Kiwami 2 at all.

I just preordered Yakuza 0 from Steam so I have no idea what to expect

Are we confident that the Yakuza 3,4,5 PS4 versions will be released outside of Japan? I'm going through the series in order and sure hope I don't have to buy a ridiculously expensive PS3 copy of Yakuza 3 off eBay...

i'm pretty sure they said that the HD remasters are intended for new overseas fans in the first place,
(Toshihiro Nagoshi, the head behind the Yakuza games, said this in a Sega live stream)
so i guess it's like 99,9% confirmed that we will get Yakuza 3-5 HD.
probably on PS4 first and then 9-12 months later on Steam.
(and i'm pretty sure that Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6 and Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise
will be available on Steam too about 9-12 months after the release on PS4)

I am hoping they all come to PC, sold my PS4 when i got the xbox one x so its great i can get zero again on PC

Have you played any Yakuza game?
If not you're in for a ride! Easily my GoT 2017.
If you did it's one of the best games in the series Imo.

I played a little bit of the first one on the Playstation 2 and I also had a chance at the time to play the Japanese demo of Yakuza 3 when it was only available on the Japanese PSN store.

First was introduced to Yakuza on PS2. Someone told me "It's just like Shenmue!" so I grabbed in, played it, hated it... because it's nothing like Shenmue and I had expectations for it that just didn't click...

Then Yakuza 0 came out and I played it without expectations, fucking loved it, and have played Kiwami and 6 since. Amazing series and I'm really looking forward to Kiwami 2!

I played a little bit of the first one on the Playstation 2 and I also had a chance at the time to play the Japanese demo of Yakuza 3 when it was only available on the Japanese PSN store.
It's basically similar to 3 and all titles with little chances in every iteration so you'll love the series or hate it

I started the series with Yakuza 0, and regard it as a masterpiece, and one of SEGA's best games ever, along with Valkyria Chronicles, and of course after Shenmue I and Shenmue II. I then played Kiwami, 3, 4, 5, and 6, and will pick up Kiwami 2 when it arrives a week after Shenmue I & II. Love these games.

First was introduced to Yakuza on PS2. Someone told me "It's just like Shenmue!" so I grabbed in, played it, hated it... because it's nothing like Shenmue and I had expectations for it that just didn't click...

Then Yakuza 0 came out and I played it without expectations, fucking loved it, and have played Kiwami and 6 since. Amazing series and I'm really looking forward to Kiwami 2!

That's literally exactly the same situation that I found aswell, bought the original on the PS2 and I was like...what is this shit? Really felt like a backwards step from Shenmue, worse graphics, swearing every other word (I know that was a bad decision for the english dub only), and apart from cutscenes, everything was text - couldn't really see why it was compared to Shenmue at the time, apart from the fact that you could go into a virtual arcade in this open world. Picked up Yakuza 5 on PS3, and played about 10 hours, and was loving the taxi missions and the style of the game, but I got caught up in other things at the time, and so for some reason never continued the game at the time. Roll on to Yakuza 0, where I picked it up with a fresh mindset on Yakuza and fell in love! Since then, completed 0, Kiwami, 3, 4, 5 and now nearly finished 6 :), Kiwami 2 will be next!

What's everyone's favorite title in the series? As I said, I rank 0 right up there as one of SEGA's best games. The rest are great, but 0 is just on another level.

Back