New Member Introductions

Hey. Brand new to the Dojo. Old school to the series. Long time admirer of this resource. Had various questions and gratitude to share and thought it was worth doing now. Tend to keep opinions to myself unless I believe it truly necessary to voice (Rare). Quite shy and reserved in real life and this bleeds into my online social activity. Quiet isn't ignorance I promise - Passionate but realistic about the future. Looking forward to discovering opinions and facts from the veterans and the experts.

Considering everything I have read and my high expectations it amazes me how much I love S3. Addicting is an over used word but.... Well you get the idea.

Happy to chat/tweet/engage as much as I am able to. Will try to help people if I can.

All the very best!!

Hey. Brand new to the Dojo. Old school to the series. Long time admirer of this resource. Had various questions and gratitude to share and thought it was worth doing now. Tend to keep opinions to myself unless I believe it truly necessary to voice (Rare). Quite shy and reserved in real life and this bleeds into my online social activity. Quiet isn't ignorance I promise - Passionate but realistic about the future. Looking forward to discovering opinions and facts from the veterans and the experts.

Considering everything I have read and my high expectations it amazes me how much I love S3. Addicting is an over used word but.... Well you get the idea.

Happy to chat/tweet/engage as much as I am able to. Will try to help people if I can.

All the very best!!
Welcome to the Dojo. Look forward to seeing you post more over the coming weeks/months.

New user from Finland here. I've known about Shenmue Dojo for a while and finally decided to make an account here.

Originally, I missed Shenmue in the Dreamcast days. Sega Megadrive had been my first console and I badly wanted Dreamcast, but my parents weren't willing to buy one after having earlier bought PS1 for me. So I had to wait and then Sega abandoned Dreamcast before I ever managed to get one. I knew about Shenmue even back then and it was one of the games I most wanted to play on the system. I still have an old Dreamcast promo magazine that had articles about Shenmue and other upcoming games that I used to read over and over again back in the day.

Years later I got into retrogaming and started collecting old Sega games. First for my childhood Megadrive, but quickly got myself a Dreamcast as well and Shenmue I & II were the first games I played on it. Even years after its release, Shenmue blew me away, as it was like no other game I had ever played before. I just got sucked into the virtual worlds of Yokosuka and Hong Kong and loved all the little details you could find. When the Kickstarter happened I was ecstatic and backed it immediately.

Besides Shenmue and Sega games, my two other big fandoms are Star Wars and Marvel comics. Playing Sega games, watching Star Wars and reading Spider-Man and X-Men comics was basically how I spent my childhood. Other than that, I'm a big of fan of East Asian history and cultures. Japan and China in particular, but I'm also trying to learn more about Korea and Southeast Asian countries like Vietnam.

Hey. Big time Sega fanboy here. Basically in my mind Sega never died and Dreamcast 2 will be out shortly. Sega Saturn is literally the greatest thing committed to silicon.

Hope you enjoy your experience and look forward to waxing lyrical about Sega very soon. Take it easy.

Hi, I'm Choinkees. Long time fan of Shenmue, and I used to be on the old forums a little bit. I waited till I finished Shenmue 3 before registering here, just in case I accidentally saw any spoilers.
It's great to see some familiar names, and new people too :)
Welcome. Quick question: when you wipe your backside, do you use your right or left hand?

Hi all,

Graham from UK here. Only recently got into the series due to the release of the originals on PS4 and then obviously moved onto part 3 after. Never owned a Dreamcast unfortunately but hope to maybe pick one up on the cheap in the not too distant future.

Hey everyone, I'm Anthony from New York, was a long time ghost on the old forums (had maybe 4 posts total) and I've been a real mf'ing OG who's been down with the game since day one! Or realistically since Christmas in 00' following it and news on it ever since looking forward to posting more.

Back