Staff Credits - In Depth

Interesting how they have so many Xenoblade peeps working on it. It's another favorite franchise of mine.

Interesting how they have so many Xenoblade peeps working on it. It's another favorite franchise of mine.

I heard that's the closest game to Skies of Arcadia. And SOA is my fav JRPG. Playing Xenoblade someday is part of my plans.

I heard that's the closest game to Skies of Arcadia. And SOA is my fav JRPG. Playing Xenoblade someday is part of my plans.

Oh yeah. They're wonderful games!! I think the first one for Wii is the best one, followed by Xenoblade 2 and then last, but not least, Xenoblade X.

I can defnitively feel some similarities with Skies, especially for Xenoblade 2 with its cloud sea and whatnot. The battle system is real time though.

A remake of the first one is coming to Switch soon. Perfect time to jump in

Inspired by the awesome Q & A done by Remedy sorry if this is a redundant suggestion but could we attempt to organize an interview with lead designer or writer?

While I appreciate Suzuki’s interviews he’s often very coy with answers and I would love to get more insight from other key members of the team.

Inspired by the awesome Q & A done by Remedy sorry if this is a redundant suggestion but could we attempt to organize an interview with lead designer or writer?

While I appreciate Suzuki’s interviews he’s often very coy with answers and I would love to get more insight from other key members of the team.
Any idea how to contact them? Through Ys Net email? I really think they've missed a trick not doing another AMA or Twitch stream, but I can only imagine the amount of unbearable trolls who'd sneak into one of those at this point...

Last edited:
I honestly can't find contact info for anyone. I think being able to interview one of the WESTERN staff members might lead to some interesting info, but I bet everyone's locked down without Yu Suzuki's permission anyway...

11. Christopher Willacy

Other Credits: Lollipop Chainsaw (2012) (Level Design)Shadows of the Damned (2011) (Level Design) Stuntman (2002) (Additional Mission Scripting) Driver: Parallel Lines (2006) (City Artists)Driv3r (2004) (Additional Art)Stuntman (2002) (Level of Detail Artists)Driver 2 (2000) (City Art Team - Chicago)Driver (1999) (Artists)Devil's Third (2015) (Implausible Industries)

12. Daniel Markiewicz

Lollipop Chainsaw (2012) (Prototype Staff)Shadows of the Damned (2011) (Additional Level Design)Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen(2008) (Event Design) Shadows of the Damned (2011) (Gameplay Programmers) Black Knight Sword (2012) (Localization Supervisors)No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (2010) (Localization Support) Devil's Third (2015) (Implausible Industries)

Eric Layton Bergen

Other Credits: République (2015) (Software Engineer) République: Episode 2 - Metamorphosis (2014) (Developed & Produced by Camouflaj)République: Episode 3 - Ones and Zeroes (2014) (Developed & Produced by Camouflaj)

Maybe going through Camouflauj or Impossible Industries would get us some contact info. Seems they may still work for those companies? I have no idea, tbh.

I would ask maybe a higher level member of this community to reach out. I'm a nobody who posts a lot, but I don't want to speak for the community. I cannot find any way to get in touch with the writers.

Last edited:
Any idea how to contact them? Through Ys Net email? I really think they've missed a trick not doing another AMA or Twitch stream, but I can only imagine the amount of unbearable trolls who'd sneak into one of those at this point...

If you are able to find some contact info perhaps I suggest @spud1897 or @Peter could try reaching out to them to try and setup an interview. It would be great as you said to speak to one of the western developers although I’m unsure as you said how much they would talk.

There's a contact form on that site. I think that might be our best bet. At worst they'll say no or lead us in the right direction?

Curious if anyone has reached out.

Kind of sad to see at least 3 people on the credits who were involved in writing the original games, if you count Yoshimoto.

You'd expect them to be a lot more knowledgeable about the lore and more skilled in writing a story in general.
I saw this on Reddit the other day.

Pretty eye opening.

Implausible Industries

Thanks for getting in touch. We did indeed work on Shenmue 3, but as I'm sure you may have guessed we unfortunately can't consent to interviews or talk about it without permission from YsNet. Your best bet may be to try contacting them directly, or maybe asking through Deep Silver.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

No luck. Seems someone with more clout than me might want to try Deep Silver.

Implausible Industries

No luck. Seems someone with more clout than me might want to try Deep Silver.

Thanks for trying, have you tried reaching out to @Peter or another administrator? I feel like either one of our larger YouTube content creators of @Switch for his website would be ideal candidates to try and organize an interview.

Not sure what any of this means, but one of the companies that worked on Shenmue 3.. I noticed they retweeted that beautiful Kyoto scene I saw a couple weeks ago. :~)

Interesting, they say they worked on "conversation implementation" and UE4 support.

I've sent off an enquiry to Deep Silver and I'll update when I hear back from them.
Good news! Deep Silver helped confirm with YS Net and got the okay to interview the Implausible Industries developers.

I'll gather questions from the fan community (watch for a thread later) but in the meantime have a think about what you'd like to ask!

Good news! Deep Silver helped confirm with YS Net and got the okay to interview the Implausible Industries developers.

I'll gather questions from the fan community (watch for a thread later) but in the meantime have a think about what you'd like to ask!
Awesome, Switch! I will think of something. Should be interesting to get their perspective on development.

LEAD PROGRAMMERS

1. Kazuya Tomii

Other Credits: None listed

Going through this list again thanks to Reddit.

Any idea who this is? I am guessing his/her name is misspelled or is written differently on Moby Games. Doesn't add up a programmer with no other video game credits was hired as one of two lead programmers.

I wish it were easier to check in on what some of these folks are doing.... It's so hard to tell who even really worked directly for Ys Net and who was freelancing.

Back