[Shenmue III/Demo][Guide] Using the YsNet debug menu

LemonHaze

Banned
Since this has been requested a lot, and not everybody here has joined the Shenmue Reverse Engineers' discord server, I figured I might aswell post a quick guide.

It seems a lot of people suggest to use UE4 console commands for simple things, yet the YsNet debug menu is present in both the demo and full versions of Shenmue III and is easier to do the majority of things directly from within there, instead of executing commands manually. In order to access it:

1) Download the UE4 console unlocker from the link below:
https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm#downloading-the-unlocker

2) Extract the archive and run IGCSInjectorUI.exe.

3) Boot the game, load into a save game.

4) For 'Process to inject into', hit select and select 'Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping.exe'. For DLL to inject, hit Browse and select UniversalUE4UnlockerDumper.dll and press 'Inject DLL'.

5) Press the tilde key (~) or ` on your keyboard to activate the UE4 console and type `enablecheats 1` and hit enter.

6) Press `,` (comma) on your keyboard or the touch pad on a DS4 controller, or alternatively, the Back button on an XBox controller to activate the debug menu.

1574462494565.png

With this enabled, you can now use any of the debug features shown in the menu. You can toggle free camera by pressing T on your keyboard and to return to Ryo, press ~ (tilde key) or ` to activate the UE4 console and type `ToggleDebugCamera` and hit enter.

Pressing 1 on the keyboard will bring up a debug save/load utility.

Pressing 2 on the keyboard will bring up a debug character clothes changing utility.

Pressing L on the keyboard toggles character lighting around Ryo, used to ensure Ryo is always visible in dark areas.

There are two methods to hiding UI elements - the UE4 generic console unlocker utility has assigned the keyboard's DELETE key to this, however there is also a debug option for this within the YsNet debug menu.

Last edited:
Is it possible to adjust the over shoulder camera position to make it a bit more zoomed out and centered like the older games?

Is it possible to adjust the over shoulder camera position to make it a bit more zoomed out and centered like the older games?

You should be able to do that without the debug menu. If you zoom in a little bit, using the left trigger and then hold down a direction on the D-Pad, the camera should move slightly and you should be able to position it like the older games.
The only downside to this though is that when you start sprinting, the camera flicks back to the default view after a few seconds.

Quite a few people have requested this mod and although I'm not working on it right now, it should be pretty simple to make a permanent mod.

The debug has an FOV option with some presets and if you set it to 110 it's further back than normal and stays that way.
It does so for everything though, so cutscenes will be kinda ruined by it.

Anyway it's great how quickly this was made accessible in the full game. Good thing they didn't really change things from the demo.

Last edited:
The debug has an FOV option with some presets and if you set it to 110 it's further back than normal and stays that way.
It does so for everything though, so cutscenes will be kinda ruined by it.

Anyway it's great how quickly this was made accessible in the full game. Good thing they didn't really change things from the demo.

Yeah I also noticed this did the same for arcade games which was pretty funny.

@LemonHaze Thanks again for another tool. That's awesome, but I don't know why my Debug Mode it`s in japanese, I can understand the katakana parts, but not the kanji ones (I tested those buttons, so I know are teleport(.

1576178554154.png

I don't know if this deserves a new trhead, but it's possible to turn off the automatic forklift? It's very annoying when you're trying to put the last box and starts to go up and down automatically xD

As said before. Thanks.

I was using this debug menu just the other day and I was messing around with some of the options on it (as you do) and then I decided I was done for now so I saved my game and quit... anyway the next day I booted the game back up and when I went to load my game it kept saying something along the lines of "Failed to find DLC pack" and now I can't load my save data which isn't a huge deal or anything as I have some other saves but still what would cause this issue in the first place?... I guess something on the Debug Menu caused it as I have never ever had that message show up beforehand...

You must have activated a DLC item, such as a Kickstarter backers specific reward (like a fishing rod, or calligraphy artwork unique to one individual who backed the reward.), or more commonly, the backer phone card. If you selected anything like that to appear in your inventory, it will work/be present, until you end the session. If you saved, you will be locked out of the entire file. (I don't want to say corrupted but it will be inaccessible).

Any item that is included with the codes that were sent out via Fangamer will be recognised as DLC content. You will need to resort to a separate save file, since there will be no way to access the locked file now.

Could this be used to remove the red outlines when zooming in on herbs and drawers or the blue arrows when choosing capsule toy machines and lucky hit stands?

Since this has been requested a lot, and not everybody here has joined the Shenmue Reverse Engineers' discord server, I figured I might aswell post a quick guide.

It seems a lot of people suggest to use UE4 console commands for simple things, yet the YsNet debug menu is present in both the demo and full versions of Shenmue III and is easier to do the majority of things directly from within there, instead of executing commands manually. In order to access it:

1) Download the UE4 console unlocker from the link below:
https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm#downloading-the-unlocker

2) Extract the archive and run IGCSInjectorUI.exe.

3) Boot the game, load into a save game.

4) For 'Process to inject into', hit select and select 'Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping.exe'. For DLL to inject, hit Browse and select UniversalUE4UnlockerDumper.dll and press 'Inject DLL'.

5) Press the tilde key (~) or ` on your keyboard to activate the UE4 console and type `enablecheats 1` and hit enter.

6) Press `,` (comma) on your keyboard or the touch pad on a DS4 controller, or alternatively, the Back button on an XBox controller to activate the debug menu.

View attachment 5831

With this enabled, you can now use any of the debug features shown in the menu. You can toggle free camera by pressing T on your keyboard and to return to Ryo, press ~ (tilde key) or ` to activate the UE4 console and type `ToggleDebugCamera` and hit enter.

Pressing 1 on the keyboard will bring up a debug save/load utility.

Pressing 2 on the keyboard will bring up a debug character clothes changing utility.

Pressing L on the keyboard toggles character lighting around Ryo, used to ensure Ryo is always visible in dark areas.

There are two methods to hiding UI elements - the UE4 generic console unlocker utility has assigned the keyboard's DELETE key to this, however there is also a debug option for this within the YsNet debug menu.

How do you use the "UE4 generic console unlocker utility"?

Last edited:
@LemonHaze Thanks again for another tool. That's awesome, but I don't know why my Debug Mode it`s in japanese, I can understand the katakana parts, but not the kanji ones (I tested those buttons, so I know are teleport(.

View attachment 6406

I don't know if this deserves a new trhead, but it's possible to turn off the automatic forklift? It's very annoying when you're trying to put the last box and starts to go up and down automatically xD

As said before. Thanks.
I agree, this should be disabled permanently in the game it didn't make any sense. 99% of the time i wasn't trying to stack the pallet.

I think it'd make you play the game more by looking out for the actual plant instead of red circles. That's what the herb maps are for. Things like the red circles and blue lines take away from the immersion into the world and instead reminds you point blank it's a video game. I'd like the option to remove them. I've seen the custom ini mod but i can't get it to work got removing the ui and i don't want to remove all ui just specific things.

How do you use the "UE4 generic console unlocker utility"?

It's described in the main post?

Is there a way to permanently disable this with the Custom INI Kit by Drogean or something? Thank you.

Is there a way besides using this Debug Menu to hide the UI? It has been making my game crash within a few minutes the last few times I've tried using it. Thanks.

Back