What's the deal with Hong Dejing and the hotel lady?

I was on top of the arcade outside and I went to a corner and a cutscene started and I saw these 2 people and Hong was showing her his uppercut and Ryu said what does that mean all super weird. I went down to the area but they were gone. Is this a quest I am somehow not triggering?

Also, have you ever had the music just randomly stop?

Last edited:
I don't know the details but if you go to that spot on different days/moments, Ryo always see the hotel owner and some other character doing weird stuff.

I was on top of the arcade outside and I went to a corner and a cutscene started and I saw these 2 people and Hong was showing her his uppercut and Ryu said what does that mean all super weird. I went down to the area but they were gone. Is this a quest I am somehow not triggering?
No, it not a sidequest or something. Just some sort of Easter-egg. When you approach the same corner from the other side of the building you will get another cutscene.

I kind of loved that little interlude. Felt very 'Shenmue' to find an aspect of the NPC's lives to flesh them out a little. I have to admit, I thought they were dancing! I thought this was Ryo uncovering a secret romance between the two characters.

psst there's another similar scene with someone else, too

Back