Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure we'll be completely fine. I mean in the long run we will recover of course, but over the next year or so a lot of people may be impacted. I was planning to get married this year but those plans may now have to change.
The longer it goes on the worse it will be as well.

As for the US, they'll definitely be in for a rougher ride.

A good friend is getting married in May and so far, he's still good (nothing has been called off yet).

I think we'll know fully where we stand, in another 2 weeks; the sheer amount of people that AREN'T out when I run to the store or my one day at work a week, compared to normal... trust me, EVERYONE is listening and heeding the call to stay indoors, not like California or NY or any place down south.

Again, we'll be good; we'll recover significantly faster and better, than the Americans will (not to mention, we have a massively-smaller population and free healthcare).

3 week lockdown?

Minimum and absolutely no way. Give it 3 weeks and things will get stricter, with armed officers in the supermarkets and enforced curfew and arrests. We'll be lucky if the lockdown is lifted by the end of May.

A good friend is getting married in May and so far, he's still good (nothing has been called off yet).

I think we'll know fully where we stand, in another 2 weeks; the sheer amount of people that AREN'T out when I run to the store or my one day at work a week, compared to normal... trust me, EVERYONE is listening and heeding the call to stay indoors, not like California or NY or any place down south.

Again, we'll be good; we'll recover significantly faster and better, than the Americans will (not to mention, we have a massively-smaller population and free healthcare).
No way your friend is having his wedding, we will still be isolation in May. My wedding isn't until December and even I'm worried if this goes on long enough I may have to defer until next year.

Anecdotally everyone I know is taking this seriously and heeding the call as well. However, we Canadians aren't above stupidity and there are definitely people out there not acting responsibly. Also, there are a lot of people who have been deemed critical workers and are still going to work (not all of them are really critical), the risk for exposure is out there and the contamination factor is exponential. I think this is just the beginning to be honest. My Fiancee is a healthcare worker and she believes the cases in Canada will continue to go up at a rapid rate and we could be looking at months before they start going down. We'll likely need a vaccine before we really start seeing things getting under control.

Hopefully everyone acts responsibly and isolates so we can curb it as much as possible.

Thankfully due to geography Canada is in a better place to handle this than a lot of other countries. I do agree with you that we will be in a way better state than the US though. Although, as of yet, our border with them isn't closed.

So today I had a call with a recruiter. Went well but the first thing he said is that the company I've applied for is putting a hold on recruitment. This Wednesday I'm officially unemployed and though I'm usually calm in such situations, too calm some may say, I'm absolutely bricking it at the moment.

No way your friend is having his wedding, we will still be isolation in May. My wedding isn't until December and even I'm worried if this goes on long enough I may have to defer until next year.

Anecdotally everyone I know is taking this seriously and heeding the call as well. However, we Canadians aren't above stupidity and there are definitely people out there not acting responsibly. Also, there are a lot of people who have been deemed critical workers and are still going to work (not all of them are really critical), the risk for exposure is out there and the contamination factor is exponential. I think this is just the beginning to be honest. My Fiancee is a healthcare worker and she believes the cases in Canada will continue to go up at a rapid rate and we could be looking at months before they start going down. We'll likely need a vaccine before we really start seeing things getting under control.

Hopefully everyone acts responsibly and isolates so we can curb it as much as possible.

Thankfully due to geography Canada is in a better place to handle this than a lot of other countries. I do agree with you that we will be in a way better state than the US though. Although, as of yet, our border with them isn't closed.

Indeed, you have better insight than I do on the matter...

Al I do is look at Wuhan and see no new cases for days and think that if we follow a similar model (they were borderline barbaric, but it seems to have worked), then we would be ok.

If you're in December and NOT an:

- Italian
- Iraqi
- Indian

(hey all "I"s! lol"

Wedding, I'd think you'll be ok for December.

Again, time will only tell; really wish we could predict the future lol.

Indeed, you have better insight than I do on the matter...

Al I do is look at Wuhan and see no new cases for days and think that if we follow a similar model (they were borderline barbaric, but it seems to have worked), then we would be ok.

If you're in December and NOT an:

- Italian
- Iraqi
- Indian

(hey all "I"s! lol"

Wedding, I'd think you'll be ok for December.

Again, time will only tell; really wish we could predict the future lol.
Unfortunately, I'm an Italian and looking at a guest list of almost 400 people lol.

Mi dispiace; Due to me having a *very* small family (family is from Milano and even if I went by non-Italian standards, I'd still have a small family lol), our wedding in 2018 was just 117 people and we wanted it that way.

Don't need 50, "cugini della madre, del fratello di compare Luigi," at my wedding, thank you very much (my wife's family is from Calabria and is a large family) and it made for a much more intimate setting.

I highly doubt you guys need any help or advice but if you do, let me know and I'll lend an ear ;)

... followed by rioting and lawlessness.
If the self-centred fucks who failed to follow the advice of staying home, cutting out the panic buying, and avoiding large public gatherings had actually put their wants instead of needs on the backburner for the time being, the lockdown would not have been necessary. Hopefully they will learn a lesson from this. Arseholes.

I disagree. Not that there's a lot of selfish and ignorant people, but the lockdown was unfortunately always necessary. It should have been done two weeks ago though when there was actually a chance of identifying where the cases were, managing its spread and attempting to contain it.

Edit: Masterstroke from Cummings and Boris though, turning us all against one another and making people blame each other for the position we're in, and the rate of the virus' spread, instead of the Government's inaction and unwillingness to do what was necessary weeks ago when we were in a position to see what was happening to Italy and other countries and make the necessary plans.

Mi dispiace; Due to me having a *very* small family (family is from Milano and even if I went by non-Italian standards, I'd still have a small family lol), our wedding in 2018 was just 117 people and we wanted it that way.

Don't need 50, "cugini della madre, del fratello di compare Luigi," at my wedding, thank you very much (my wife's family is from Calabria and is a large family) and it made for a much more intimate setting.

I highly doubt you guys need any help or advice but if you do, let me know and I'll lend an ear ;)
I wish I could have the the intimate wedding you had, but my family is also Calabrese and exactly as you say all of the cousins and friends have to be invited. I think I cut it off at the grandparent's paesans but yeah, it easily balloons if you let it.

We have a lot of things under control now but with the virus and lockdown I think we'll put wedding planning on hold until further notice. Thanks for your offer to help though!

So they just canceled my kids school year today along with non essential business's to remain closed. I know a lot of people in my case that run their own businesses have been on pins and needles on what the Gov'ment is going to do to help the people, hopefully over the multinationals. Which is looking doubtful.

On the bright side i have gotten ten messages from customers wanting to send us money. Because they know our situation.
Luckily I have built strong bonds but am still hesitant to take anything because am a proud dumbass. I'll have to hook them up once this is over when I am forced to...

So with all the jack ass fuckery out there. They're still a decent amount of people in the world. I hope you run into one (when you've dealt with a bunch of asswipes or Hoarders which are one of the same.) When you need something most, if you need something.

7% of the population of the world are scumbag, sum'bitch shitheads. Its easy to think that the majority of the world are selfish because we continually run into them. then the other 93% decent people.

I still laugh my ass off when I see all the toilet paper gone at my local stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back