Questions about S3 after beating it!

So i beat S3 and couldnt help but notice that in Bailhu near the hermits nest area. There is a "unknown" road that if ryo takes is unaccessable.

Does anyone know WHAT that roads purpose IS? Has anyone managed to get back there via mods? Its just so random for it to exist.

Are you talking about Languishan? That’s the road they took to get to Bailu IIRC.

That should be correct. When you get closer to Shenhua's house in Shenmue 2, the game skips a bit during the loading screen. So you don't see part of the road that they took. Instead it shows the last stretch when you walk towards the Shenmue tree. When you check the map in your notebook you can also see the road to Langhuishan being mentioned there.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right. I read the original post a bit too fast (was checking a chat at the same time) and saw @mjqjazzbar mention Langhuishan so I added some more about that.

I would have to check in game later on but are we talking about the blocked road to your left when you're walking towards Hermit's Nest?

Last edited:
You're absolutely right. I read the original post a bit too fast (was checking a chat at the same time) and saw @mjqjazzbar mention Langhuishan so I added some more about that.

I would have to check in game later on but is that the blocked road to your left when you're walking towards Hermit's Nest?

I believe so. The one with the awesome, but out of place music.

I just looked and only saw that path with a rock at the end. Someone called Lei Yanan is standing there often. I initially thought that it was a road too but it looks more like a dead end I guess? Or am I missing another road somewhere?

By the way, that music is awesome indeed. It's too bad that you can't hear it in a larger area while walking around there.

I just looked and only saw that path with a rock at the end. Someone called Lei Yanan is standing there often. I initially thought that it was a road too but it looks more like a dead end I guess? Or am I missing another road somewhere?

By the way, that music is awesome indeed. It's too bad that you can't hear it in a larger area while walking around there.

Same issue with New Paradise.

Yes the one behind the shinto/buddhist statue.

I get its a dead end.

But doesnt anyone know what purpose it serves?

The langhuishan road shows us how ryo got to bailu.

Could we use mods to see whats back there?

Shocked no one has done this.

Its such a random place for a road too

Yes. There is a path accessible if you climb up the hill on the left side of the path. There are no NPCs there. Iirc, it’s just before you enter the hermits nest area.

Is that not the secret fishing spot you can get access to after getting the soccer ball for the little kid, to help him realize his dreams of becoming a great soccer player?

Is that not the secret fishing spot you can get access to after getting the soccer ball for the little kid, to help him realize his dreams of becoming a great soccer player?
Nope. There’s a few herbs up there, but other than that, no obvious reason for it to be there.

I had to load the game up to check this. I'd never even seen this path while I was playing. Doesn't seem to be drawn on the map like some of the other paths Ryo can't take.

Back