Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: Training progression bars
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Category: Mechanics
Priority: High
Reproduction Rate: Always
Observed Result: It seems the progression bars for the martial arts moves only update after sleeping. This removes the instant satisfaction of seeing how much your proficency has increased after every session. There used to be an instant display of how much it is currently growing in the middle of training.

Expected Result: Move progression bars should update instantly in real time.
Reproduction Steps: Train any move during practice and look at the move list.

I've definitely noticed quiet footsteps, lack of door/cupboard audio, and also quiet music/no music when roaming outdoors.

Mentioned? The cutscene after you find the mirror was glitched for me.

Just a static shot while the conversation played over it

I've definitely noticed quiet footsteps, lack of door/cupboard audio, and also quiet music/no music when roaming outdoors.

Only happens to me if I switch my console off then resume playing. Quitting the game then reloading it fixes it

I can report that the rumor about turning boost mode off on PS4 pro would solve a lot of problems did not help anything for me. All the same sound and graphical issues are present...

I found most of these bugs, some are not mentioned here like QTE staying on screen for Shenmue 2 and graphical glitches In the end scene for Lan Di also rotating capsule boxes. Also even though Shenmue 2 was set to Japanese sometimes when fighting it switches to English. PC Version

Title: No prize for Space Harrier
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Priority: High
Reproduction Rate: 2/2
Observed Result: I got no prize after reaching 10 million points in Space Harrier and I've tried it twice!
I started the game at 9 pm and finished before 11 pm. Ryo leaves the machine without asking for another round. Clerk doesn't react to the score in any way. It was the first game I finished in this playthrough.

Expected Result: Prize should be given after reaching 10 million points.
Reproduction Steps: Restarted the console and reloaded the save and finished even faster with still no prize.

I can report that the rumor about turning boost mode off on PS4 pro would solve a lot of problems did not help anything for me. All the same sound and graphical issues are present...

Me too. I turned boost mode off. Nothing happened. There are audio "crackling" issues with or without boost mode active.

This happens on Xbox One and probably the other platforms as well:

First, call Warehouse #8 and arrange to speak with Guizhang. Then go up the metal stairs to talk to him. You'll notice that when you're walking up the stairs and when you're walking on the platform, that your steps are totally silent.

I also experienced a game crash. I don't know why but I ran into another forklift at full speed and it totally crashed the game. Hasn't happened again since.

Edit: Text bugs!:

I play with "Shenmue Mode" enabled for text which means that no text should ever appear on the screen unless the dialogue is skipped. Here are the problems:

1. At the end of Shenmue 1 during the cutscene where Guizhang is injured, the words "Behind you!" appear when he says it. This is odd because this doesn't happen anywhere else in the game that I've noticed.

2. "Shenmue Mode" does not work at all in Shenmue 2. The text is always displayed on the screen, even with this setting enabled.

Last edited:
Title: Icon for X button stuck showing watch icon.
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Button inputs
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: watch icon stuck on X after going until the end of the day watch alarm going off
Expected Result: Icon should change as required

Reproduction Steps:
Go until 11.30pm in a game day. Watch alarm goes off and icon sticks to X. See picture

Attachments

• 20180824_184753.jpg
    20180824_184753.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Title: Icon for X button stuck showing watch icon.
Platform: PS4
Category: Button inputs
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: watch icon stuck on X after going until the end of the day watch alarm going off
Expected Result: Icon should change as required

Reproduction Steps:
Go until 11.30pm in a game day. Watch alarm goes off and icon sticks to X. See picture
I get this one a lot, but I just look at the watch and then go back to the game and it was fixed every time. Still, It shouldn't do it.

Title: Extra 'B' button prompt appears next to the real prompts on Excite QTE 2 game. (Shenmue 1)
Platform: Xbox One
Reproduction rate: 1/3
Category: Graphics
Priority: Minor
Reproduction Steps: Start Excite QTE 2 game in the arcade.

Observed Result: Every time a button prompt appears a second prompt also appears to the right and down a little from it (This is always the 'B' button). The second prompt also flashes opposite from the real prompt. I’ve only seen this glitch once. Also it displays the analogue stick directions instead of the original white arrows.
Expected Result: Only one button prompt should appear on screen, not two.

Title: No shift siren when playing cassettes
Reproduction rate: 4/4
Category: Sound
Observed Result: When listening to a cassette during the forklift job the siren won't sound when its lunch break or the shift ends and you get thrown out of the menu and the cassette music ends.

Expected Result: After the music stops and the menu closes the siren should be audible.
Reproduction Steps: During work days have the cassette player runing and wait for either noon or 5 pm.

Title: Subtitle timing on closing poem
Reproduction rate: 1/1
Category: Graphics
Observed Result: German subtitles for the poem at the very end of the game had way off timing with starting too early or staying too long on the screen and not matching the dialogue once.

Expected Result: Subtitle timing should match the spoken dialogue.
Reproduction Steps: Play the final day of the game and finish it.

Hello I'm new here I have an issue about share playing Shenmue II on the PS4. My friend told me that I should try restarting it and resetting my PS4 still no luck any suggestions would be nice.

Does EP0177-CUSA08356_00 mean anything to anyone? I havent even started playing these yet, but my PS4 feed/notifications from my friend in Europe it is displaying That code where it should be displaying the title of the game, it says time then that code in the feed for example "3:49 AM | EP0177-CUSA08356_00" with the media displayed under. Where as all my local American people it displays as it should saying Shenmue or Shenmue II when Trophies and Media are posted to their PS4 feed. All other games my friend plays the Title is displayed normally when he posts to his feed.

Title: Leave Catching Minigame
Platform:
PC
Reproduction Rate:
Always
Observed Result: Left stick does not work for following the leaves; instead it is right stick
Expected Result: Left stick should work
Reproduction Steps
: Catch leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back