Random Thoughts

Anyone here into there music and can recommend a keyboard? No job and in lockdown. Might as well learn something.

have you considered doing something artistic like drawing /painting on paper? pretty easy if you use graphic techniques to get started ( ie tracing etc), then you can sell your art work on ebay.

have you considered doing something artistic like drawing /painting on paper? pretty easy if you use graphic techniques to get started ( ie tracing etc), then you can sell your art work on ebay.
One of the weirdest things about me was that when I was young, before the age of 10 I would say, I was pretty good at drawing. I actually had a piece that was of in a local museum (they had a section for young artist).

God knows what happened but I completely lost my ability to draw, to a point I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. In short, art work is out unless someone's going to pay stupid money for something extremely abstract or minimalistic.

Today should be Eurovision Day

just read joe rogan is leaving youtube for good and has done a deal ($100mil?) with spotify.

he was entertaining and had some cool guests on his show. i guess his fan base will drop off big time.

just read joe rogan is leaving youtube for good and has done a deal ($100mil?) with spotify.

he was entertaining and had some cool guests on his show. i guess his fan base will drop off big time.
I'm not subscribed but his videos pop up in my recommendations all the time. I wouldn't even bother if it was just on Spotify. A lot of money though.

I'm really weird, but I'm seriously tempted to buy these... (together they'd cost over £500...) I want them, but I don't know why 🤷‍♂️

SWWRNDqr.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
If you already have a girlfriend, I say go for it.

Apparently one of my uncles died on April 20th and nobody in my family was notified until we called the police to do a wellness check. We had tried calling him numerous times over the past few weeks, but since we live in New Hampshire and he was in New Mexico it would have been hard to find time and money to go all the way down there.

You’d think they would have said something to someone but nope. It’s why I won’t want to live too far from family when I get older I guess. Wish he had kept in touch more, last time I actually got to see him was in 2016 for about a day. Before that, I can’t remember which year but in the 2000s he came up for a few months to stay. There was only one other time when I was much younger he came to look after us for a week while my parents were away to the UK. I can’t believe those are the only three times in my life I’ve seen him.

"Leigh Francis breaks down as he issues an emotional apology for playing black celebrities on his show Bo' Selecta!"
:rolleyes:
Question for the forum. Does anyone care about this stuff?

If a black comedian dressed as a white person, would he be giving a tearful apology now? Are a significant amount of people actually offended?

Question for the forum. Does anyone care about this stuff?

If a black comedian dressed as a white person, would he be giving a tearful apology now? Are a significant amount of people actually offended?

I can't speak for everyone, but these cases have always seemed bizarre to me: they seem to lack an interpretive distance. As we know, mores and standards change over time; it'd be silly to deny that.
That said, even if this change about what's acceptable is occurring more rapidly (and, at times, by more of a mob mentality and fear) due to a social media era, I've never understood the point of either a) condemning people for not practicing modern standards (disliking something is different from condemning it) or b) denying someone the position to have changed.
The latter irritates me more: the smug arrogance of 'cancel culture' suggests that, because someone's own changing sensibilities are offended (often times just jumping on a bandwagon to fit in), the accused is permanently/atemporally a horrible person, and any apology is insincere because they were 'caught.' Obviously, I don't mind genuine injustices being called out, but when you're a hammer in search of a nail, absurdities like this occur.

(So too, esp. in the US climate right now, I'm not telling other races to 'take it on the chin'; my point is, again, one of hermeneutics. Ought we look at all past differences with suspicion/disgust, or have the ability to disagree and move on?)

Not to double post, but since this is a change of topic:

Have any of you bought wireless headphones, and what brand?
I want to take the plunge, but I don't want to go for yet another overpriced Apple product. The problem, though, is that I find few that fit anywhere near as well as theirs.
Any positive experiences out there at a cheaper prices? I've been considering Raycons.

Back