Random Shenmue Thoughts

Yeah I like the music too. Where can you download the Shenmue soundtrack?
I was referring to the rhythm of the task, not the music, though the workday track is great.

The whole soundtrack can be found on (and, provided you have the right add-on, downloaded from) YouTube, though you can almost certainly find it somewhere else to download if you Google around.

Not sure if I'm looking too much into this, it may not be a reference at all but in Mafia 2 which was just remastered there is a part in the game which involves carrying crates and the main character complains saying "who would do this"

It's unlikely a nod to Shenmue but since the director of Mafia said he was apparently influenced by Shenmue it could be. He also wears
a brown leather jacket, coincidence.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm looking too much into this, it may not be a reference at all but in Mafia 2 which was just remastered there is a part in the game which involves carrying crates and the main character complains saying "who would do this"

It's unlikely a nod to Shenmue but since the director of Mafia said he was apparently influenced by Shenmue it could be. He also wears
a brown leather jacket, coincidence.

View attachment 7864

This guy is the director and responsible for the game Kingdom Come Deliverance.
It was created by his team at Warhorse Studios and it is the best RPG that I've played in recente years, in fact the game also was funded through Kickstarter and the influence that Shenmue had in this men's carrer is quite noticible with Mafia and Kingdom Come Deliverence being hugely influenced by Shenmue and Yu Suzuki.
In kingdome Come Deliverance you also have to meet NPC's at certain hours of the day in order to play certain quests in the game. All NPC's have their own schedule and daily routines just like in Shenmue.
The game also focus a lot on realism just like in Shenmue.
In fact the hunger system that they have implemented in the game would work very well in Shenmue.
If you guys like medieval RPG's, I hugely recomend you to play this one, because it plays very much like Shenmue.
I've even commented in one of their youtube videos that it was my Medieval Shenmue.

Such a bland name for an OST yet so powerful!
The first two games do an amazing job of creating atmosphere/building tension with the use of OSTs. I love how in the first game, the FREE tracks would change in accordance with the story. When a certain track played, you knew stuff was going to go down.

I didn't know you could actually thank Nozomi for the flowers by calling her til last year. I believe I read it on here or watched Bluemues channel. Truly wonderful that even to this day still uncovering new things. Though I wonder if you could thank her in person? Does anyone know?

I didn't know you could actually thank Nozomi for the flowers by calling her til last year. I believe I read it on here or watched Bluemues channel. Truly wonderful that even to this day still uncovering new things. Though I wonder if you could thank her in person? Does anyone know?

Yeah it is those small touches which really makes Shenmue extra special. I’m relative certain you can’t thank her in person, but I’ll let those with greater knowledge confirm that for us.

I was listening to some random mixed playlist while working and this played and I thought it was the 'Megumi and the kitten' OST from Shenmue (from about 15-45 seconds, anyway)

Compare the two and tell me if I'm crazy or not...

That's the magic of Shenmue. I've been playing Shenmue 1 & 2 at least once per year since they came out and I can say that almost every time I replay them I always find something new in both games; from new npc's, new encounters, new lines of dialogue, etc, etc, etc... and the same is happening with Shenmue 3. People can say all the trash they want about Shenmue, but one thing is certain, no other game that I've played in all my life has managed to deliver this kind of experience and that is where the magic of Shenmue resides.

That's the magic of Shenmue. I've been playing Shenmue 1 & 2 at least once per year since they came out and I can say that almost every time I replay them I always find something new in both games; from new npc's, new encounters, new lines of dialogue, etc, etc, etc... and the same is happening with Shenmue 3. People can say all the trash they want about Shenmue, but one thing is certain, no other game that I've played in all my life has managed to deliver this kind of experience and that is where the magic of Shenmue resides.

Perfectly said.

I love the sountrack to Shenmue and was wondering where I can download the music and possibly buy a CD(or cassette).

I always wonder if this was part of the design documents in the beginning or the product of such an extended development period. I mean we have the likes of Nagoshi commenting how Suzuki kept adding to the original game, and even some of the beta maps of Yamamose or Sakuragaoka have such minor revisions.

It felt like the first game in particular was constantly being tinkered with and I wonder if some of the more obscure moments, hidden conversations were a happy coincidence because of this.

I love the sountrack to Shenmue and was wondering where I can download the music and possibly buy a CD(or cassette).
You can download Shenmue Original Soundtrack (Shenmue I OST) and Shenmue Sound Collection (Shenmue I & II OST) here - https://www.shenmuedojo.com/media/

Does ayone have a high quality box art of the Shenmue 2 (JAP, Dreamcast)? Box art of my copy doesn't look good. :(

Back