Random Shenmue Thoughts

To celebrate their 60th Anniversary, @SEGA_OFFICIAL are rolling out all the stops!

You can download and use as you see fit, 365 badges, full of #SEGA goodness!

Of course there is a set of #Shenmue badges! 7 in total!

Also all 7 are on the Dojo Facebook page here:

not just digital download, but more importantly streaming. nice.

edit: This is gonna sound stupid, but I didn't realize that they remastered the soundtrack as well.(never played S1&2HD) I can't believe I haven't heard this yet. I'm digging the clarity/subtlety afforded to the music by the overall brushup. They did a good job elevating and adding freshness to a lot of these pieces. Nozomi's theme sounds so full and powerful here. Underrated melody. I feel like some of the pieces might have been exposed for their lack of depth with the added clarity of remaster, though. One track I'm particularly not fond of is the Hazuki Residence theme. I can't quite put my finger on it, but even though the quality of the recording is better I just can't enjoy this new mix. I'm feeling a strong 7 to an 8 on this remaster. Tran-sition. have you given this album a listen did you love it did you hate it what would you rate it you're the best you're the best.

Last edited:
not just digital download, but more importantly streaming. nice.

edit: This is gonna sound stupid, but I didn't realize that they remastered the soundtrack as well.(never played S1&2HD) I can't believe I haven't heard this yet. I'm digging the clarity/subtlety afforded to the music by the overall brushup. They did a good job elevating and adding freshness to a lot of these pieces. Nozomi's theme sounds so full and powerful here. Underrated melody. I feel like some of the pieces might have been exposed for their lack of depth with the added clarity of remaster, though. One track I'm particularly not fond of is the Hazuki Residence theme. I can't quite put my finger on it, but even though the quality of the recording is better I just can't enjoy this new mix. I'm feeling a strong 7 to an 8 on this remaster. Tran-sition. have you given this album a listen did you love it did you hate it what would you rate it you're the best you're the best.
If I remember correctly a tonne of the music was compressed/altered for the Dreamcast originals back in the day as they wouldn't fit on the disc.

If you go through Shenmue III and listen to the older tracks they're then full versions in terms of instruments and quality.

I'm glad we got this soundtrack in the end. I just wish they would do an official re-release of the OST in Europe. I'd buy it instantly.

Has anyone tried to fight Izumi with a modded move set for Ryo? I'd love to see how easily she gets smoked by a version of Ryo who has machine gun fist in his arsenal.

This is about as random as it gets, the very start of this track reminds me of when the forklift drivers reply"morning" to Mark before the race.
Wow, that takes me back. I used to listen to this a lot, back in the day. You may already know, but that samples are from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I sort of feel like the other forklift drivers sound even more apathetic than that, though.

Seems Game are getting in on the action

Shenmue v Yakuza

Back