Recent content by Ashnard

1. A

Yu Suzuki Interview (IGN Japan): Reflections on S3, Plans for S4

I'm really, truely shocked and surprised that this game cost 20 millions to make, because it doesn't look like it honestly. I know a french game named Greedfall who had a budget of 5-7 millions and it looks better than what we've got with shenmue It does mean it had the same budget as a Yakuza...
  2. A

IGN Discusses why Shenmue 3’s ending is a big disappointment

honestly, they are totally right this time, I am truely disappointed from Suzuki on this point
  3. A

Deep Silver’s continued involvement with Shenmue

very true, I remember I was really irritated by the trailers because of that, but now I understand there was just nothing to show (I mean they put the lan di scene in the trailer) about the story, I would say that : a good story doesn't need millions, just a good writer with a pen and a paper
  4. A

Budget Is NOT An Excuse

source for this number ? and didn't it go in the pocket of deep silver ?
  5. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

nah, cedric biscay told me they were expecting more than 2 million with the kickstarter, I can assure you
  6. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

honestly I think he reacting more as a fan than a producer in this case, he is not working in koch media
  7. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

shenmue remasters sold twice better, this is what is really worrying for me
  8. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

pretty rough
  9. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

a lot of other kickstarter games sold better in their first week (kingdom come deliverance, pillar of eternity, broken sword 5, divinity original sin...)
  10. A

Shenmue 3 Sales

So, Shenmue I and II sold well better than Shenmue III even if they were just remasters from old games... geez
  11. A

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

disappointed, I don't understand how you can rush the end like that whereas you develop characters who don't matter I understand the reviews telling there was absolutely no evolution in the story (that's very close to this)
  12. A

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

seeing a livestream from gamekult, I understand your feeling of "we're above it" He is nitpicking everything and making fun about it like it's a stupid game even when it's supposed to be a positive point (he played the games 20 years ago)
  13. A

they are not stupid I guess, so I have this feeling (maybe I am wrong I don't know) they were scared about the reviews hurting the sales for newcomers and perhaps they were right. Later the reviews are better the sales in day one are ?
  14. A

kingdom come deliverance and divinity original sin were beast
  15. A

yes it was the same website, but not the same journalist
Back