Recent content by bcdcdude

1. bcdcdude

Mental Health Dojo

It's been a while since i've posted here, but so much has happened - good and bad. I am now married (and our 1st month anniversary is this weekend!). Growing up, I never thought I would be worthy of being married, but it's one of the few times i'm glad i've been proved wrong. It's mad to think...
  2. bcdcdude

Shenmue Magazine Article Project

Hi all....I've been meaning to do this for ages...and i've finally been in a position where I can do the final batch of Shenmue related articles in the magazines i've kept/hoarded in the archives. Now I think i've found everything I possibly could, but it would be lovely to see Shenmue mentioned...
  3. bcdcdude

What Movie Are You Watching?

Hoyo! Here's another list of cinematic joy (or hell) i've watched since late January! As always anything in bold is brilliant! New films i've watched 1) Hatchet for the Honeymoon / Mario Bava / 1970 / 4/5 2) Santo Vs. The Evil Brain / Joselito RodrĂ­guez / 1961 / 3/5 3) The Final Game of Death /...
  4. bcdcdude

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Shenmue II made #19 and Shenmue I made #9 in the new Retro Gamer best games of all time (up to 2007) poll. Shenmue I is the highest Sega game. For context the last poll's #1 (Super Mario World) dropped to #10.
  5. bcdcdude

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

It's been a while since i've been here and I have lots to catch up on, but I have to tell myself that Suzuki is not a person who blabs on social media. He's very much an old school designer and I think that just because he doesn't play by modern social media rules doesn't mean he's doing...
  6. bcdcdude

Apologies if this has been discussed already (it's not a thread I frequent!), but with all the doom and gloom of many layoffs in the industry, do you think that YsNet are doing OK? I imagine if there was a pickle it wouldn't make news the same way as EA. In this case, I can only assume no news...
  7. bcdcdude

Your top 10 favourite albums of all time?

I've seen Swans 3 times now and they are incredible. I met Michael Gira a few months ago but was very shy (I stupidly asked how was he and he said "here". He was very polite and shook my hand, mind). I think that modern Swans albums are sort of becoming a bit stale (The Seer/To Be Kind is God...
  8. bcdcdude

Your top 10 favourite albums of all time?

Funny thing about the Fall; I saw them live at Stewart Lee's final ATP festival and they were absolutely shocking; Mark E Smith was clearly drunk and after 10 minutes of them dicking about, I left to see Charlotte Church sing Nine Inch Nails and end-Bowie era covers haha (and she was...
  9. bcdcdude

Mental Health Dojo

[Stream of concsiousness post; apologies in advance] So...as I type this, my fiancé is finally on her way to the UK to live with me. It's been a long and difficult road for us. We've been together for over 6 years and over 5 of them have been apart. Tomorrow afternoon, we are finally reunited...
  10. bcdcdude

What Movie Are You Watching?

Jinkies! Got a big update to do....it's funny, because having listed everything I think to myself "I've barely watched anything" (the backlog is 400+ films), but I really, really have. Time doesn't permit me to go into much detail, but anything in bold is something I consider brilliant, moving...
  11. bcdcdude

Photo Report: Meetup in Yokosuka (January 2024)

I was there last May and went to the Honey Bee too (the food was delicious)! It was my 2nd time there and whilst the impact was lost 2nd time around (the first time was truly special), it's still a wonderful mini pilgrimage to do :) It's amazing that Shenmue staff were there too; hopefully they...
  12. bcdcdude

"Keyword Make a game that you want to play!" I hope that Yu-san is not familiar with the concept of trolling, because unless he's making Persona 6, there's only one other game i'm waiting for to be announced....
  13. bcdcdude

What did you think of Face/Off?

It's not John Woo's best film, but it's still pretty good. I much prefer Hard Boiled myself. Also. Chill out. You make it sound like Suzuki ran over your dog or something.
  14. bcdcdude

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Microsoft if they made Shenmue IV
Back