Recent content by Billkwando

1. Billkwando

Beating 70 Man Battle with just 2 buttons, Parry & Throw (No D-pad input)

Hey, I'm really glad it helped! I had a lot of fun doing that video. It seems like I stumbled on to something not a lot of folks knew about. One more reason why it's sad that they ruined fighting in Shenmue 3 (Shenmue 2, too, really. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put a QTE in the middle...
  2. Billkwando

Shenmue 3 Sales

10+ pages* of folks losing their shit and we still don't have any numbers? Surely with people dying we have better things to do than troll each other over who does and doesn't like Shenmue 3? *Since my last post
  3. Billkwando

Shenmue 3 Sales

I wasn't singling out anyone in particular, and I meant what I said about backers as a positive. As in, it probably sold more copies than you think, because at least some of the backers still bought their copies they intended to play in a store or online (meaning not backers who got it and also...
  4. Billkwando

Shenmue 3 Sales

Just to chime in, my wife and I are both Shenmue lovers from the DC games. We got 2 PS4s to play this game (one was a gift, yay), and 2 physical copies (selfishly, thank God it didn't come out on Xbox, because that sweet sweet PS4 VR gateway drug. I'm a VR guy now and so happy with it...but not...
  5. Billkwando

Version 1.03 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

Well if they're somehow stripping the english from it, as I have heard, then it will be more than just a repressing with a different label and country code.
  6. Billkwando

Has there been any hint on when the next console patch will be?

Just wondering if they're hoping we'll forget or something. ;)
  7. Billkwando

Move Training/Maxing Tips for Shenmue II (some spoilers, pre-Kowloon)

Achievements have zero to do with move training. Like with your duck post, you're really reaching. At least now you have something to reply to so you can pad your count some more. :p ;)
  8. Billkwando

Another obvious and useless post. Are you just trying to pad your post count or something? Nothing to do with fighting or move training.
  9. Billkwando

Is There A Way To Do The Leaf Catching Minigame w/o going through the story?

LOL random. That has nothing to do with what we were discussing. :p
  10. Billkwando

No, that was a reference to catching leaves like the other guy was saying.
  11. Billkwando

Spar with Jianmin (old guy in the park) as often as you can stand. You can do it multiple times per day...just duck out the left hand exit to the park, go into the next quarter over, then come right back. Once you gain access to Beverly Hills Wharf you can train moves on the big guy on the...
  12. Billkwando

The leaf catching move? Is that like a "got your nose" throw? I will have to find that in the moves list and use it every chance I get. Seriously though, I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post.
  13. Billkwando

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

Unfortunately, that's not a bug. I believe it's because they ported it from the Xbox version, which has the camera icon in the black bar at the top during cutscenes, which means that it's ""really"" only cropped on the sides, again, unfortunately. I'm guessing they never tested the Xbox version...
  14. Billkwando

It absolutely is Karate Kid training, in that it's not readily apparent that what you're doing applies to combat, but it definitely does. You're practicing your timing, which is actually really important in combat, especially if you parry. Also, I'm pretty sure the game itself refers to the...
  15. Billkwando

IGN Reporting Bugs - Dojo cited.

I've been saying this ever since the game came out. we had 18 years of nothing and it could've stayed that way forever. If they had pushed it back, they could've easily thrown up their hands and decided to cancel it. Now that it's out, it has to be fixed, which is still far preferable to the...
Back