Recent content by Calshot

1. Calshot

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I made a new blog post breaking down one of Ryo's signature moves: the Elbow Assault. https://shenmuevereview.blogspot.com/2020/07/elbow-assault.html
  2. Calshot

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I've started a blog breaking down the fighting moves from Shenmue and how they work in real life. Pardon the lame pun, I didn't know what to name the blog and that's all I could think of. Shenmueve Review
  3. Calshot

Recent Gaming Purchases

Traded a guy one of my old games for this.
  4. Calshot

What Movie Are You Watching?

Highly recommended. Jackson and his studio remastered and colorized original WWI footage set to stories told by archived interviews of veterans from the war. In addition, Jackson had lip readers transcribe what the soldiers were saying in the footage and had voice actors voice the lines. The...
  5. Calshot

Things that annoy you in games

Motion blur, especially the kind you can't turn off. I used to laugh at those health warnings on video game screens when I was younger, but now I'm old and get motion sick easy. Still haven't beat Mirror's Edge because of it.
  6. Calshot

Sports, hobbies and activities

Yeah, there is a sambo place about a half an hour away from me. If you haven't already, check out this map. It's how I found the gym closest to me and all of them have been verified by other sambo guys...
  7. Calshot

Sports, hobbies and activities

I practice historical fencing, though since I've been working so much I haven't really gone to practice in like 2 months. I've been meaning to get back into unarmed martial arts. I was looking into sambo, BJJ, and Bang Muay Thai. Ideally, I'd like to do all 3 simultaneously, but that's...
  8. Calshot

What are you playing?

SWAT 4 with the Elite Force mod. The vanilla game and expansion is still good fun, but the Elite Force mod improves it greatly. It adds new items, restores cut content, adjusts the gameplay to make it more realistic, and makes a ton of quality of life improvements. For example, you're way more...
  9. Calshot

Hidden Gems of the Seventh Console Generation

What are some hidden gems or games that you thought were underrated or overlooked from the PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP era? I'll kick the thread off with Alpha Protocol. It got crucified for bugs on release, but I played it after all the bugs had been ironed out. It was a solid action RPG with a...
  10. Calshot

Random Gaming Thoughts

It's hard for me to think the PS3/360/Wii generation is over considering how many games from it are on my backlog, so I was thrown for a loop when I heard of the PS5/Xbone 2 being in the works. I thought the new gen had just begun, then I realized it actually started six years ago. How time flies.
  11. Calshot

What are you reading?

Post about whatever you're reading right now. Comics, articles, books, magazines, you name it. I just finished 2001: A Space Odyssey last week. Loved it. I was going to look online for the movie, but in the process discovered that a nearby theater is going to play the 70mm cut of it. I'm hyped...
Back