Recent content by cdbortolo

1. C

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

Yesterday I've seen a cutscene I'm pretty sure I've never had before... I was heading back the Hazuki residence to see if there was still a chance I could practise with Fuku-san, but before that I decided to pay Megumi and the cat a visit. And then... Megumi was scared that the kitten was on...
  2. C

Random Shenmue Thoughts

It is only possible to spar with Fuku-san once a day? :/
  3. C

Where to pre-order Shenmue 3

Has anyone preordered the Collector's Edition in Playasia? It's been about a month or more that warning that they would open pre-orders, but it hasn't changed since then.
  4. C

Shenmue Locations

Awesome report! I never imagined that the Man Mo name was a real thing until I saw your picture above. Hope some day I am able to visit all those places.
  5. C

Buy Shenmue & Shenmue II Here (Deals)

Guess you're right, as Play-Asia has withdrawn this information from the product description. So sad. =/
  6. C

Shenmue II - Izumi harder?

Guess I was so pissed losing the fight for many consecutive times that I had not paid enough attention to the QTE. After your help, I´ve managed to beat her pretty easily as I countered that QTE almost every time! hahahahaha Thanks for the tip!
  7. C

Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

Thanks for sharing this, Brian! It did not bother me at all, but it was very noticeable due to its color (cyan).
  8. C

How unfortunate :( Tested the 1.02 version of Shenmue II on PS4 last night and I've noticed: 1) Contrast has been adjusted and the game has no crushed blacks. Visuals are much better and the colours seem way more natural. 2) Darts are fixed. 3) Soundtrack still has some high pitched notes and...
  9. C

Did they fix the fountains in Pigeon Park and Golden Shopping Mall as well? The water sound was a complete disgrace in these two locations.
  10. C

Shenmue II - Izumi harder?

Holy shit, this is fight is BY FAR the most annoying in both Shenmue games. I'm doing the duck race quest for the first time and I'm really getting on my nerves with Izumi. She spams that supermove every time and that countering QTE is almost impossible to understand or hit in proper time...
  11. C

Controls while catching leaves...

"The camera locks onto the leaf? WTF, I never knew this! I thought the challenge was having to follow it yourself, I've never seen the camera snap onto a leaf... " Besides locking on to the leaves, when you're about to pick them when zooming and targeting, the game will make a specific sound...
  12. C

How are the songs in Shenmue II? Did they fix the soundtrack in Queen St, Da Yuan Apartments and while practising with Jianmin?
  13. C

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

How annoying this sound was! hahahahahah Did not come across issues like that when playing... I've had only two bugged cutscenes in my entire run of Shenmue.
  14. C

Buy Shenmue & Shenmue II Here (Deals)

Great news for those who pre-ordered the Japanese Limited Edition. The game will support subtitles in English, according to the product description published by Play-Asia. For those who want to check out the info: https://www.play-asia.com/shenmue-i-ii-limited-edition/13/70c7r7
  15. C

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

Got two cutscenes that I've never had when I played Shenmue on Dreamcast... After you return to Warehouse no. 8 to show Master Chen the Phoenix Mirror, the game doesn't make you go there again to progress the story. However, if you phone him for more two times, you can have the following...
Back