Recent content by chaikilla

1. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

That would be nice but I'll be damned if I ever play Shenmue with Playstation controls again. My brain is hardwired to the XBOX/Dreamcast controller and QTE's are a nightmare for me on the Playstation :LOL: It's dirt cheap right now. I could actually see it being made free now that you've...
  2. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

There's a market for a Shenmuetuber to slow and reverb the entire OST. I really want to hear Forest V slowed with reverb...
  3. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I'm very late on these things so it has probably been posted before but this guy has a very creative channel. There's magic to the world of the first game (particularly the lives of Npc's) that is hard to explain to people that aren't fans of the game.
  4. chaikilla

Shenmue IV Models (MetaHuman)

I'm imaging this as Ryo's counter to Niao Sun's disguise. This is how he'll infiltrate CYM HQ undetected...
  5. chaikilla

Shenmue II stair glitch beverly hills wharf?

Good question! I want to know too...BlueMue used to do videos on the map glitch that were really cool. Maybe he knows? I map glitched out of the yellow head hideout before and Ren was walking alongside me in Kowloon.
  6. chaikilla

What happened to Zhao Sun Ming?

What I find interesting is that while Iwao anticipated the CYM coming for him, he was actually surprised to see Zhao's son be the man tasked with killing him. I also find it odd that Iwao didn't rebuke Lan Di's claims that he killed his father in Meng Cun. This, however, could be for a number...
  7. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I still randomly think of playing Shenmue 2 for the first time and thinking that the voice of Yuan's myna bird must be the Japanese voice actor for Chai. I had my hands covering my face for a few cutscenes afterwards, waiting for him to jump out and attack. Similarly, I was spooked by Chai's...
  8. chaikilla

Random Gaming Thoughts

This kind of reminds me of playing Shenmue 3 with Playstation controllers :LOL: the QTE's made me so pissed because my brain was trained for Xbox/Dreamcast controls. Also, this song randomly started playing and I got a few Shenmue vibes... I don't know anything about that game but the music...
  9. chaikilla

[POLL] YS Net using AI to get Shenmue 4 made

I wonder if YSNet could make 80% of the generic NPC's have AI-generated dialogue, giving them more time to focus on more important NPC characters. Think of this in the context of Shenmue 2, where you had more interesting NPC's like the darts players, Guixhang, Joy, Izumi, etc and the more...
  10. chaikilla

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I said this before but I have ideas on how the eating system could be revamped. Instead of eating 50 pieces of black garlic to replenish Ryo's health, Ryo should only need to eat 3 times a day (maximum). The eating system could tie in with the rapport system, both with Shenhua (and even Ren)...
  11. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I know I'm probably really late to the party on this but it looks amazing. If the original Shenmue titles were Sony classics, we could have got a remake of this calibre.
  12. chaikilla

Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

Damn, I stop visiting for a few days and this happens! I missed the leak but I would be very doubtful because of how Lan Di was apparently pronounced by Ryo. You honestly have to question what kind of kick someone would get from seeing us squirm over this but there are some sick puppies out there.
  13. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I have a fake memory of seeing Chai lurking from the window of a building near the Lai Lai eatery (just the back of his head was popping out) in a scene where the camera pans out after Ryo loses sight of Wong. It's still stuck in my head. It was night time in-game, if that matters. Maybe I got a...
  14. chaikilla

Random Shenmue Thoughts

It's hard for me to believe that Ryo wouldn't face some reprisals from the Mad Angels for humiliating them and stopping the Long Zha. I'm sure a few of us can remember the 'Ryo has to return to Japan because the dojo was burned down by the Mad Angels!' rumours on the old forum :LOL:. In my...
Back