Recent content by Choinkees

1. Choinkees

Ideally, What Did You Want From The Development of Shenmue III?

From the story side, I wanted it to pick up the pace after S2 and get more complex with more substories happening in parallel (I wanted Ryo to get overwhelmed and feel lost in a puzzle that's way bigger than he realised he was getting into), and explore some cool Chinese mythology and maybe a...
  2. Choinkees

Would you be happy if Shenmue 4 was the final game?

This. There's a fair bit of chat based on how many chapters of the story are in the master plan for Shenmue, but I don't understand why that gets interpreted as needing heaps more games to cover each chapter fully, as if making a large game with more chapters would somehow not give each chapter...
  3. Choinkees

Anyone suspect that a chunk of shenmue 4 assets are already done

I don't think they would have made any (or at least many) assets specifically for Shenmue 4 yet, given that they were already on a small budget and had to cut things for S3. Still, they've now got some good quality assets they can re-use and modify (main characters, furniture, trees, grass), and...
  4. Choinkees

New Member Introductions

Sigh... that ShenGCH ;) I can't believe I walked straight into that.
  5. Choinkees

New Member Introductions

Hahaha, definitely right hand. I'm hopeless with my left.
  6. Choinkees

New Member Introductions

Hi, I'm Choinkees. Long time fan of Shenmue, and I used to be on the old forums a little bit. I waited till I finished Shenmue 3 before registering here, just in case I accidentally saw any spoilers. It's great to see some familiar names, and new people too :)
Back