Recent content by code l name

1. code l name

S3 Dreamcast/Xbox

She did appear in the Shenmue premire
  2. code l name

Shenmue Chapter Cards ~ Analysis ~

Here is the quote from David Deville’s interview with Suzuki regarding the grandmasters often confused for shadows of Chiyomen members- Obviously this can change but this was his intention prior to development of Shenmue 3.
  3. code l name

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Yeah I’ve only played the demo and as said the 30 FPS mode doesn’t feel particularly great due to lack of per pixel motion blur, especially when panning camera around. The performance mode clearly has issues the DF analysis points this out. Outside the cut-scenes this didn’t especially impress...
  4. code l name

Shenmue II trailer I've never seen

I am not sure if it’s the way the video was encoded or perhaps my memory but there seems to be much more slowdown than the final Dreamcast release. It seems they were really able to boost performance unless it is an encoding issue.
  5. code l name

IGN gives Death Stranding a 6.8 review score

After MGS 2, Kojima has received lifelong good will from me. With that said my first play through was pretty powerful compared to my subsequent playthrough of directors cut. I did enjoy the strand gameplay as mentioned and community that was built around that.
  6. code l name

IGN gives Death Stranding a 6.8 review score

I have so many mixed and conflicting thoughts on the game. It has some incredible highs but also plagued by overindulgence which is part and parcel of Kojima’s later efforts. I did end up repurchasing the PS5 special edition and while the increased framerate and fidelity was appreciated the...
  7. code l name

Two Pre-Release Screenshots of Langhuishan Village

Thanks @Switch I miss @Kiyuu posts and insights. Does anyone know if she still actively follows Shenmue? It’s interesting she lists Shenmue’s development as a series of ‘waste’. While it’s fascinating watching all the tweaks and changes I can’t help but feel given its significant length and...
  8. code l name

Rebuild of Shenmue 3

I tend to agree, not to repeat my point ad naseum but I refer to an earlier post of mine-
  9. code l name

Rebuild of Shenmue 3

100% it’s one area of the game that I will say to my dying breath remains completely broken. Because it feels abrupt, unpolished and those transitions can be jarring at times. The fact Shenmue 2 did this better with the whole Guilin section just drives this point home.
  10. code l name

Virtua Fighter 3tb Online

I am a complete VF newbie but had a lot of fun with VF 5 Ultimate Showdown and got half decent at the game through online matches. Definitely gave me a better appreciation of legacy and combat in the Shenmue games.
  11. code l name

Motivations and Secrets: The Significance of Two Letters

So I was watching @BlueMue excellent summary video of the DLC and I may have misspoke. It appears there’s some throwaway lines related to Zhu’s organization which I assume is 5 star corporation (Didn’t it go bankrupt in Shenmue 2?) and rival faction that the former member wanted to create. I...
  12. code l name

While admittedly it’s been a while since I played Shenmue 3, I was immediately thinking of the DLC with Zhu’s associate Zhang. I thought at the end he implies something about the organization but maybe I am wrong.
  13. code l name

Wonderful post and analysis. I am curious there are some additional threads which are covered if not expanded upon slightly in Shenmue 3 but I see your article doesn’t reference it. I am curious why, do you believe because of some inconsistencies around some lore and retcons it doesn’t hold as...
  14. code l name

14 More Tweeted Anecdotes from Former Shenmue Developer Morio Ashizuka

Great to see another fantastic update by @Switch Some really cool revelations the one about his satisfaction with Ryo’s waving animation perfectly crystallized the amazing attention to detail and effort it appears all staff poured into the games.
  15. code l name

Dojo Investments ( I'm not financial advisor just sharing opinion)

First I’m sorry to hear about your losses but like I said when I see all these grifters out there spouting nonsense with little or no financial literacy or understanding of the market and see people fall prey it makes me upset. You are seeing it now with all this talk of buying the dip, but as...
Back