Recent content by Creward

1. C

Shenmue 4 has to change if there's to be a Shenmue 5

Pretty much this, the "outdated" aspect said in the internet is the feel/presentation with the combo of animations, voiceacting and menus which in Shenmue3 are rough in a lot of aspects (even if the english dub being an homage to the originals) and that presentation is a hard sell to modern...
  2. C

Shenmue 4 has to change if there's to be a Shenmue 5

Honestly, reading most of the massive tonal/genre switch wouls make me turn away of the saga. I did stop playing shining series when Sega did go to the action hack slash route after the marvelous Shining Force 3. I would probably loathe the Shenmue that turns like another "sandbox" open world...
  3. C

Next Generation Thoughts

Well it is not only consoles this time. I am upgrading my pc since it kinda broke a month ago and I think I will not have a new graphics card until next year, maybe February. The latest RTX situation is also quite bad.
  4. C

General RGG Discussion

Yeah, comparing it to GTA is not really appropriate, they only share superficial stuff like themes of modern organized crime and having minigames. Yakuza core loop has always been a jrpg. It is probably the reason I could enjoy each installment while on the other hand I stopped on the GTA...
  5. C

Xbox Series Controller

To me the major flaw seems to be how little the ps4 controller battery lasts. Aside of that, it feels better than the original weightless ps3 one. And agreed XBox controllers are better ergonomicwise.
  6. C

Microsoft looking to buy Japanese developer

In capitalism there is no good or bad guy. I just pointed precedent of buying studios and their IPs, it happens. If you dislike, it is understandable, but it is technically the same just in a bigger scale since it seems they want to get rid the famous "xbox has no games" meme that sony fans...
  7. C

Microsoft looking to buy Japanese developer

You know Naughty dog was an independentstudio until Sony bought them in 2001 and sucker punch at 2011. So buying studios is normal for major publishers. Not exactly the same but people having to move platform to follow franchises has happened in the past so there are precedents. Like Final...
  8. C

Next Generation Thoughts

I hated this gen so much, from your list of typical gamer "good" games 4 are open world games... But, yeah during last gen Xbox did not much to get a strong portfolio and it had a perception of a halo gears forza machine. Aside of what @Nathanial Essex already mentioned sony has most of the...
  9. C

Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

I did receive the same one today. However, I am clumsy as hell and I do not know how to put the head to Ryo and I am a bit scared of brute forcing it.
  10. C

Do you love or hate Grinding in games?

It is a disaster. They are even use fire attribute weapons against Diablos (that horned monster) when he is immune to fire...
  11. C

General RGG Discussion

We might lose sega arvades in the next yakuza. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/11/05/business/corporate-business/sega-sammy-arcades-genda/ Sega sammy is selling sega entertainment (arcades) to genda.
  12. C

Do you love or hate Grinding in games?

Depends of the game but in general, forced grinding should be avoided and is a clear bad design or predatory skinner box design. Examples of bad grinding, personal opinion: Persona 5 royale: The goddam seals in mementos to unlock a secondary fight is a chore, dull and boring. Old school jrpg...
  13. C

Random Gaming Thoughts

Agreed. I also found that convoluted.
  14. C

~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

Crunch is 100% happening as that is, sadly, the standard in software development deliveries and its even worse in videogame companies. The question is not if as how much hours per day they are doing, the reports of Jason Schreier, which his insider contacts have quite right about delays in the...
  15. C

Favorite Games of the Generation?

No particular order and I might miss some on the way since the generation has been long and not including remakes/ports. Witcher 3: I've been fan of the books and the games since long ago and this with its expansions have been a formidable way of closing Gerald and Ciri story. Persona 5...
Back