Recent content by danielmann861

1. danielmann861

Yakuza Series

So you're telling me Judgment Day marks the glorious return of this beast of a man: It has been said that he shall return from the deep reaches of Outer Space to pass Judgment on all those damned souls who didn't play Sega Saturn, one Judo Throw at a time! ...and for the boys and girl who...
  2. danielmann861

What are you playing?

FIRST TIME PROMOTED TO SUZAKU ONLINE! 23 DAN One promotion away from entering the Purple Ranks.
  3. danielmann861

What Movie Are You Watching?

I was dating a girl back in the day and I decided to show her Gummo. This was during my discovery phase of seeking out controversial films and such and I was talking about Harmony Korine's Gummo a lot because it was unlike anything I had ever seen before and I was quite taken by it for some...
  4. danielmann861

Nice! It's probably the best transfer I've seen thus far. I had it on PAL DVD. Then our local distributor here in Australia released a Blu Ray of it but it ended up being a simple upscale of said DVD which looked shit. But this edition is probably the nicest transfer of it I've seen thus far...
  5. danielmann861

I haven't watched it since it first released. I just remember thinking it was an ambitious mess but for some reason I am kind of keen to go back and revisit it and see if I missed anything at the time. Maybe I should just order that Arrow Blu Ray edition for the hell of it and try again with it...
  6. danielmann861

Yakuza Series

I don't think they would do that. I mean they haven't shied away from including Japanese Dubs in the most recent releases once they started the dubbing process again....so I don't know...I don't see them doing that. I could see them including both in the same way they've been doing. I think they...
  7. danielmann861

Yakuza Series

On a side note, it is kind of amazing to think how far we've come with these games in general. From the dark days of the cult-like audience begging SEGA to localize Y3, 4 and 5....to the wide spread access point of Y0...to the series going multiplatform and showing up on Xbox and PC as...
  8. danielmann861

General Impressions

I think you are kind of right to say that..to some degree...let me elaborate. The interesting thing about Shenmue to me has always been the lore it's building. The plot itself hasn't really divulged much of anything concrete over three games, we have tidbits and we have a lot of hearsay and...
  9. danielmann861

It really is...you take out the overly gratuitous animal killings and there is something to it and I think that's what kept me coming back to it. That and Trash Humpers are still probably my favourite found footage movies ever made though. Why mention Trash Humpers, you ask? Because Trash...
  10. danielmann861

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

As someone who didn't get a chance to back this BUT keenly wants to see it...what is the current status of it?
  11. danielmann861

Yakuza Series

Looks like we’ll be going to Yokohama in Judgment 2
  12. danielmann861

How confident of you in your singing?

Can't sing for shit. Go Karaoke with me and you'll hear a drunken tone deaf idiot TRYING to sing :D ;)
  13. danielmann861

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy -- An underrated gem of a film that gets better with every rewatch