Recent content by Darkfalz

1. D

SIII Character Model Discussion

The Dreamcast hardware (let alone the Saturn) was not capable of producing models that were faithful to the artist drawings/renderings on the box art. There was no choice but to "interpret" to the limitations of the Dreamcast. Modern hardware/engines however are more than capable of models of...
  2. D

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

The audio mixing / system is broken. Clipping, distant background sounds playing too high, no surround and the MIDI engine plays certain samples completely wrong - not sure if it's a lack of emulated effects or what. Music is way too low over all especially in Shenmue I. I know there's a mixer...
  3. D

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Why do the sound effects and music sound so strange to me in Shenmue II? Did they change a bunch of FX and instrument samples on the Xbox version? I hope they can add in the option to have it sound like the DC version instead. Like others have noticed popping/clicking in the sound output.
  4. D

Your shenmue discovery story

Bock/Omar who wrote the Meka emulator and much later, was the primary dev behind the Wonderboy Dragon's Trap remake showed me the screenshots on ICQ one day. I used to chat to him a fair bit both being master system buffs. I don't remember if I had a Dreamcast at the time or was considering...
  5. D

64 music channel usage

The Dreamcast MIDI format has been converted to VGM but I haven't found anything that actually plays back the format with samples. Could be more so that the music uses X number of channels and they need another 8+ channels to mix the ambient/sound effects in. Since most other games use ADX for...
Back