Recent content by delta_reg

1. delta_reg

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

It was kind of dickish of him to not give even close to the full picture and rile everyone up only to post later oh btw that's only for UK and it wasn't a signed agreement. Maybe he wasn't aware of the earlier embargo for US until now but still.
  2. delta_reg

Well now he's saying the review will be posted when they finished it regardless of the day and that they didn't sign anything. So... maybe it's really nothing after all.
  3. delta_reg

If that's true then it's a really poor decision by Deep Silver. Whether they intended it or not it sends a poor message of confidence when you don't allow the gaming journalists you sent copies to review the game when it's already out for the public. Even if the game needed a pre-release patch...
  4. delta_reg

YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

Well at the least I'd say buy now would grab more people's attention and incentivise more to check out the game now compared to just preorder now or a release date that people could forget by the time the game is out.
  5. delta_reg

YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

Pretty solid 30 second ad that gives outsiders an idea of what the story's about and the general vibe of the game. This is preferable over showing a minigame montage imo. Minigames are nice but on their own they won't sell the game to newcomers.
  6. delta_reg

SHENMUE III SALES ~PROJECTION POLL THREAD~

Well, the community being positive and supportive helps of course. Also what would help is the game being great. We've still seen pretty little of the overall game or story. If Yu Suzuki delivers another classic with a few little surprises here and there it would probably help reviews and word...
  7. delta_reg

No, Shenmue 3 is not selling millions. One million would be a success. The marketing and exposure Sony has given their console exclusive Death Stranding can't even compare to Shenmue 3, and also being a new IP with Kojima directing, a AAA title with other big names attached, the sales aren't...
  8. delta_reg

Shenmue 3 marketing still hasn't really kicked into gear much, and I wouldn't expect that to be the case until the final two weeks before release or so, where we'll get final previews, reviews, and gameplay trailers. Amazon rankings don't mean much at this point in time.
  9. delta_reg

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

When it comes to the artstyle of NPCs, I'm a bit torn because I do feel like although slightly caricaturized Shenmue 1 and 2 leaned a bit more towards realism in this respect than what we've been seeing for Shenmue 3, and I feel like those designs matched the slightly more colorful ideal beauty...
  10. delta_reg

Shenmue III cover art on German Amazon

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I think the cover is mostly okay, but not good or great. It's mostly the gold logo that looks bad to me, I dislike how the lines squiggle a bit. The rest is a bit uninspired but okay.
  11. delta_reg

Part of the reason I was intrigued by Shenmue in the first place was because of the Shenmue 1 cover art. Even knowing nothing about the franchise to me the art exuded elegance and quality. That, in combination with reading the positive impressions from those who'd played it, compelled me to try...
  12. delta_reg

I feel like this is the final cover image tbh, it looks polished enough and it's been about the right time for it to start showing up on websites now. The image looks okay to me but not great, I feel like the models could look a little better and that's not to mention the squiggly logo. But the...
  13. delta_reg

EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

Could well be that sprinting drains the stamina meter, but it's barely at all noticeable and would rarely make the difference where you need to be eating food, and most of the stamina draining comes from more strenuous tasks like training and fighting. At any rate I don't think it's much to...
  14. delta_reg

EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

Game does seem a bit more RPG like than i expected. I'm really liking the sound of the new Affinity system in particular though. I think that'll add a lot of depth to the already rich and unique nature of Shenmue.
  15. delta_reg

Random Shenmue Thoughts

To each their own. I thought Guilin was the best and most powerful part of the game for me. Seeing the totally new emvironments and hearing Shenhua explain her lifestyle and story, it gave Ryo and by extension me, the player, a totally new perspective on life and Ryo's journey. Up to that point...
Back