Recent content by Dietsoap

1. Dietsoap

Random Gaming Thoughts

Just discovered this rail-shooter reminiscent of Space Harrier and Afterburner. Pretty neat. :cool:
  2. Dietsoap

Random Gaming Thoughts

I just played through Xenogears for the first time. Immensely impressive game, but why did they feel the need to try and cram all that into one single game? The absurd scope, amount of ideas/content/etc seemed like it was just begging to be split into 2 games, if not a full trilogy. Feels weird...
  3. Dietsoap

Random Gaming Thoughts

Anyone else still refuse to pay $70 for a game or buy DLC? Or just me? I've payed that much and more in the past + would still make an exception for Shenmue, but I don't know, just not feeling it anymore despite inflation.
  4. Dietsoap

VOTE Shenmue in Retro Gamer top 100 games of all time!

I came REALLY damn close to putting Illbleed on mine. I don't know what it is about that game, of all games. There's just something utterly fascinating and special about it. Also reminds me I need to get back to finishing Sayonara Umihara Kawase. I played it for 4 hours straight in a weekend...
  5. Dietsoap

Alright here's my stupid list that I sent them. 100% NOT my actual top 20 nor is the order a relative ranking (aside from preferring S1 to S2). Just typed random games I like without much thought because constructing a top 20 is too stressful. :oops: 1) Shenmue 2) Shenmue 2 3) Space Harrier 4)...
  6. Dietsoap

Malfunctioning AI with a stupid question here: Like this? As in literally just put "100" in the subject field and nothing else?
  7. Dietsoap

S3 Dreamcast/Xbox

Wasn't there a DC engine screencap of Niao Sun floating around? I tend to think of that and Miao Village as stuff that would've been used for a DC S3 at least.
  8. Dietsoap

To what extent does SEGA have the rights to Shenmue's name?

Do we know what percentage of Shenmue 3's revenue SEGA took, if any? Because I was under the impression that SEGA was allowing Yu to use the IP either for free or at a negligible cost. I assume the hold-up is more so related to getting someone to actually fund a new installment rather than...
  9. Dietsoap

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

P6 directed by Yu Suzuki is going to be so fucking lit.
  10. Dietsoap

SEGA announces: JSR/crazy taxi/streets of rage and more!

That's surprising. The question for me now is: SoJ? Or one of the western branches?
  11. Dietsoap

Really bizarre that "Like a Dragon Gaiden" is listed separately from "Like a Dragon". Also, they probably just can't be assed to remove Valkyrie Chronicles, but I really hope we get another installment someday. VC4 was awesome and actually my favorite game in the series.
  12. Dietsoap

Thought this was interesting with all the talk about budget/funding. iirc, Tosh said Alan Wake 2 was given a similar budget. I've seen it stated elsewhere that it sold 850k, which is a ton but obviously nowhere close to breaking even with that enormous budget. The amount of money being thrown...
  13. Dietsoap

I want to put this quote in a plaque and hang it on my wall.
  14. Dietsoap

General RGG Discussion

I could probably look the other way if you skipped 4, but 5 and 6 are an absolute must imo.
Back