Recent content by Duchess May

1. Duchess May

I decided I should probably do this at some point... Full Shenmue Zero Playthrough

Of course, but I work on my own game full-time outside of work and expect it to take me another 1.5-2 years to complete. If you want to send me a Discord invite, I can probably offer advice or look at Blueprints if people have specific questions.
  2. Duchess May

I decided I should probably do this at some point... Full Shenmue Zero Playthrough

Yeah, maybe! My current project I work on upwards of 80 hours a week, an online RPG, so we'll see... I'd like to do everything from the ground up though, no re-use of models or materials. I have quite a collection of UE4 assets and animations, however.
  3. Duchess May

I wanted to get the whole game recorded and uploaded for archival purposes. It's been 18 years since I made the game (good grief, I'm almost twice the age I was when I made it). It wasn't even strange booting it up and playing through it. I figured so few people probably beat the game due to a...
  4. Duchess May

Steam keys sent out now

Nice. I'm in a screenshot in chat lol with you.
  5. Duchess May

Kickstarter update #125 Shipping, Codes and Code Activation

I'll just wait to play it until my DLC04 pack is fixed on PC--I've waited this long for Shenmue III, a little bit longer won't bother me any. I'm just glad the game came out.
  6. Duchess May

Kickstarter update #123 Backer reward walkthrough

So I'm not alone. I wasn't going to play it yet anyway, as I'm not done with my current playthrough of Shenmue II yet, but goodness gracious... good thing I have another week or so before I can actually play it with the prequels (weird saying that) fresh in my mind.
  7. Duchess May

Shenmue I & II HD sales data

I still have never seen the game on display once in any shop in San Francisco. It wasn't an FPS or racer so it didn't get to be shown. Most of the employees who stock shelves probably can't even pronounce Shenmue.
  8. Duchess May

Seventeen is the same age I first played it too. [tears]
  9. Duchess May

Sure, we could spread word of mouth as fans, but we all know we are all buying everyone we know copies of Shenmue as gifts. Ok a little sarcastic but I might buy one or two people a copy. :p
  10. Duchess May

Handling depression/anxiety.

Hah it's true. Idgaf about random people. Zoloft is a brand name here for sertraline, an SSRI. I couldn't remember the proper name at the time.
  11. Duchess May

I grew up in the wrong country! But back before 360/PS3/Wii, I feel like games came out months later outside US, and even longer if it was a Japanese game for everywhere else in the world. Thank goodness most of those days are behind us. Back on topic: I already own the digital version of...
  12. Duchess May

New Member Introductions

My name is Emerald. I live in San Francisco, but eyeballing London by the time I am late 30s or 40s (VFX industry here). I used to go by Erin on here, even tho that was never my name. :p Now I just use my Gamertag. I am (in)famous for creating Shenmue Zero. At least it shows I can finish a...
  13. Duchess May

Handling depression/anxiety.

I still use what I learnt from my therapy (being present, mindful, and reminding myself of my limited control over many situations). Zoloft worked for me after 6-8 weeks too, but it gave me my first and last heart burn years ago, so I went off it.
Back