Recent content by Englishhedgehog

1. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Soooo, has anyone had this visual glitch before? In and out of gameplay, Ryo has this weird blue shape around his head, other characters do as well. For the Steam version, tried reinstalling and verifying the integrity of game files. Update: Solved it. Should anyone else have this issue, look...
  2. E

Shenmue Anime Doesn't Get Nominated for Cruncyroll Anime Awards 2023

Which is a great achievement, but it would be more impressive if Shenmue fans didn’t actively campaign to get it as many votes as possible. I’m aware other fandoms might have done that, but it definitely makes the achievement less meaningful.
  3. E

Shenmue Anime Doesn't Get Nominated for Cruncyroll Anime Awards 2023

Because it was decent, but not great, probably.
  4. E

REQUEST: Skipping the scenes when you lose a fight in 3

Googled cheat tables for the game, but couldn’t find anything. Brand new to mods though, so not the most knowledgeable.
  5. E

REQUEST: Skipping the scenes when you lose a fight in 3

I’m not very fond of 3’s combat, to put it kindly. But it would at least be slightly easier to stomach if I didn’t have to sit through an unskippable cutscene every time I lost a fight. As much as I’d love to request a combat overhaul altogether, that’s probably too demanding. This is hopefully...
  6. E

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] DS4 Button Prompts

Hella late to this thread (exactly 2 years wow), but I just downloaded this mod. It's great, very thankful for it. I'm just wondering if there are any plans to adjust the button colours in sparring matches to fit the PS4 controller, as well as changing the skip cutscene prompt to circle, rather...
  7. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Every time I look at the Shenmue soundtrack on Spotify, it seems as if it were designed meticulously to annoy me. Let's upload a collection of Shenmue music, except the FREE tracks, most of Hong Kong & Guilin. If those tracks were there, I'd stream them enough times to create revenue to fund...
  8. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Is the sound mixing for Shenhua’s song different in the HD port? I feel like the loudness of her voice built up overtime in the original, instead of staying at the same volume from start to finish. Or my memory is totally wrong. Unsure if there were subtitles for the song in the original either.
  9. E

Is there a mod that does something about the NPC copy and pasting?

I feel like we’ve all noticed how in the Kowloon street fights, the street fighters are always beating up the same guy. Even Rod and Greg break the bones of the same random person. And while watching a friend play through the game, we’ve noticed how a few of the Kowloon NPCs also appeared in...
  10. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Am I imagining things or does Ryo take less damage during the fights in Shenmue 2? Watching someone fight Baihu and it feels like the guy does not hit as hard as he used to.
  11. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Huh, that’s a pretty blegh way of going about it. They couldn’t have made it a more hidden unlockable via a side quest, arcade game or something that isn’t just essentially handing you a little method of making an immediate ton of money? Oh well.
  12. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Yeah, from a completed save file. And I know they did, because the forklift models are the same from the ones they earned in their Shenmue 1 playthrough.
  13. E

Random Shenmue Thoughts

So I’m watching a friend play Shenmue 2 for the first time and on day 1, he just walked into the green market qr pawnshop, traded a set of animal collectibles (mostly birds and pigeons) and got $460. He has no memory of getting those collectibles. Can anyone explain this to me? Were they added...
  14. E

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Rather unfortunate when the worsts parts of something are the first impression and the final impressions. When I saw Ryo defeat Chai in the dojo within the first episode, I was pretty quick to call it the worst episode and as I went through the rest, it seemed very likely it would stay that way...
  15. E

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 9 "Distinct" Thread

Okay, this is the pettiest of petty point outs I've ever participated in, but I'm a petty person, so I'm going to point how it bothered me that the scene in which Zhu Yuanda's associate was kidnapped was so brightly lit. It's been a lil while since I played the game, but wasn't the scene a lot...
Back