Recent content by FlyBoyNights

1. F

Flying To Japan This Weekend: Is The Dobuita Promotion Still Going?

The pouches were the first thing I looked for. They are LONG gone!
  2. F

I didn’t get any responses to my thread, but that’s okay. I had a great day on Dobuita Street and got to explore a good bit of Yokosuka.
  3. F

As the title suggests, I'll be in Japan on the 9th. Went through a pretty lengthy process to get my VISA only to find out after the fact that within 2 days, the whole thing wouldn't be necessary. Anyway. I have some business in Yokohama and Kamakura, but plan to make some time to visit...
  4. F

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

I was also curious about this. I'm east coast. My issue of Shenmue World 1 got stuck in customs in NY for a couple of weeks. I hope I don't have a repeat.
  5. F

Shenmue : the animation merchandise

Just received mine a minute ago. The stamps and pins look great!
  6. F

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

Just backed it. Can't wait!
  7. F

Is it me or is playing the first two Shenmue games just unsettling?

Judging 22 year old games by today's gaming standards doesn't make sense.
  8. F

Is it me or is playing the first two Shenmue games just unsettling?

I couldn't possibly disagree with this any more. It's almost as if you're put off by what attracts most people to Shenmue. Not to mention, you seem to completely disregard when the games were made and how much of achievement the open world and NPC's were.
  9. F

Artwork Submissions for Future Issues

I could absolutely be wrong, but I have a few photos of a Shenmue 3 display in a store in Tokyo, and I don't believe I've seen similar photos elsewhere. If there was a place for them in future issues of Shenmue world, I'd love to provide them. I took the photos myself and I don't know if...
  10. F

Would we be able to love Shenmue the same way if the story ends as an animation?

I think many of us would love Shenmue in almost any format as long as it was done well and true to its legacy. At Shenmue's current engagement, it could easily thrive in the comic book/graphic novel format. Take a look at Blade Runner 2019, Blade Runner 2029, and Blade Runner Origins. Comic...
  11. F

Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Odd question: Who is delivering this? USPS, FedEx, or UPS? In my area, USPS has been a total sh*tshow!
  12. F

Why did Shenmue 1 and 2 struggle to capture more of an audience?

I'd say that at the time, almost all of Sega's Dreamcast marketing was off the wall, irreverent, counterintuitive and ballsy. I think they were more concerned with setting the Dreamcast apart from the other consoles rather than effectively describing any of the titles. I really liked the...
  13. F

Anyone from the United States get their copy yet?
  14. F

Sounds good. Just keep me posted. And if you're able to manage it, I'll make sure that you don't lose money on the deal. Thanks again. I can't wait to get my magazine in the mail. You've done a tremendous service for the community!
Back