Recent content by Forklift No. 4

1. F

[Spoiler] Do you think we will visit Baisha in Shenmue IV?

I think Shenmue IV including Baisha woulda make some of the Shenmue III critics (myself included) ease up a bit. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long to find out.
  2. F

What's your favorite and most disappointed scene in Shenmue III?

Favorite: When you save the woman/vendor from that one Red Snake guy with the brown pants. Music during that scene was excellent. Made Ryo really feel like an accomplished martial arts hero. Least: The poorly timed comedic moment with Ren right before the Lan Di fight. Major eye roll.
  3. F

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

We Got This Covered gave it 4/5 stars. That should be added to Metacritic.
  4. F

Slant Magazine - 4.5 out of 5. Will be added to Metacritic. EDIT: Nevermind. Already added to Metacritic.
  5. F

What a disappointment

Honestly it hurts to see how much this game has fractured the Shenmue fanbase. It was inevitable this wasn't going to please everyone, but it still sucks...there weren't too many of us to begin with.
  6. F

COGconnected - 50/100 Should be added to Metacritic. Don't agree with the score. Though it's hard to argue with some of the points brought up, sadly...
  7. F

What a disappointment

I’m not fine with it being dead, but it would hurt less now. Shenmue 2 is one of the greatest games of all time, so it would really sting if that was where things ended. Shenmue 3 is a great game with a terrible final stretch, so it’s easier to let go of something when it leaves such a bad...
  8. F

Shenmue III Staff Credits

The soundtrack situation really hurt to me. Opinions are all over the place about certain elements of the Shenmue series (combat, story, gameplay structure, etc), but the one thing I see people agree on the most is the Shenmue soundtrack is stellar. Sad to see how it turned out with this one.
  9. F

I was going to give this game a 9/10 until the ending...

Honestly that segment made me keep checking and re-checking Ryo’s notebook to make sure I didn’t accidentally stumble upon a side mission. I thought there was no way in hell that nonsense was a requirement for the climax of the game.
  10. F

I was going to give this game a 9/10 until the ending...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game collapse before the finish line worse than this one. Now...I don’t play too many games, but damn. It was my game of the generation prior to that end run. The game really started to fall apart for me when the red shirt muscles dude showed up in the hideout...
  11. F

Twinfinite gave it a 4/5. Good stuff. That should be added to the MC score.
  12. F

Game Informer - 6
  13. F

Reality vs Expectations (warning: spoilers within)

Thoughts are all over the place now that I’ve finished the game. I was overwhelmed with the size/atmosphere of Bailu and Niaowu...but after that final area, it’s almost like the ending segment was sacrificed in order to add to the size of those two areas. This was easily feeling like my game of...
  14. F

Dualshockers - 8.5 PlayStation Lifestyle - 6.5
  15. F

She’s not doing the review (thank goodness). It’s Cian Maher.
Back