Recent content by Furinkazan

1. F

Has Yu said anything about retcons in a post release interview?

The flashback scene is clearly not in Bailu. If i had to guess, it's in Luoyang, what with Shenhua's nostalgic feelings. There is another Shenmue tree there, but it isn't necessarily around today (do we even know for definite that the flashback is 16/17 years ago?). I don't really have a problem...
  2. F

It's not that i think we have some divine right to an interview, i just think the creator of the game should make things clear, especially when it's because of a mistranslation. Why would you want the game's fanbase to go off wrong assumptions? It's controversial because the game is named...
  3. F

That's exactly my point, we can't confirm anything because Suzuki hasn't said anything. I want some clarification. Like, it's debateable that there's two Shenmue trees. In English there is. In Japanese there isn't. This shouldn't happen. Why hasn't Suzuki said which one is true? Any other...
  4. F

It's kinda bizarre in this day and age, when you've got people like Cory Barlog clearing up misconceptions and even giving bits of background lore on twitter. The silence is deafening.
  5. F

Has Yu Suzuki done any interviews regarding story changes and retcons? Because it feels like a lot of things have changed. Yuan's letter at the end of S2 implies he's dead, which is pretty massive. Remember his illness? S3 doesn't. S3 would have been an entirely different game if he was. The...
  6. F

Were you happier with no Shenmue III? Or do you prefer living in a post-Shenmue III world?

Whoosh. That's the point. Technically, Yakuza IS open world...but we know it isn't really. Just like Shenmue.
  7. F

Were you happier with no Shenmue III? Or do you prefer living in a post-Shenmue III world?

Seriously? You're citing wikipedia? That's weak bro. S3 is '1999 open world', and thats fine. Absolutely fine. I didn't expect a Witcher or GTA size map. There's 'open world', like Yakuza, and there's open world, like AC, Witcher, Elder Scrolls. Shit, i would argue God of War isn't open world...
  8. F

Yeah, i love when that happens in old kung fu movies. Master refuses to train student so student does work for him. Shame that isn't actually what happens in S3. Using your analogy, it'd be like if Daniel-san convinced Miyagi to teach him by giving him an expensive bottle of whisky, or just...
  9. F

I was pointing out common arguments as to why some don't like S3, and expecting a massive world is one of them. Which is just ridiculous. There's more atmosphere in Dobuita than there is in most AAA games TODAY. Plenty of people love The Last Jedi as well. And S2's cash gathering took approx 5...
  10. F

Connections between the ending of Shenmue 2 and the beginning of Shenmue 3

The tapestry of Luoyang and the 'scary mountains' are both gone. They were the first thing i looked for. Guess Luoyang has been cut from the story.
  11. F

It's total bollocks. All i've heard is excuses why people don't like it. They've never played 1 or 2, they were expecting a Skyrim size world, its episodic, the budget was low. There's no excuse for the cash grinding missions. They murder the pace.
  12. F

Shenmue's Dragon and Its Connection to Tianlong and Tentei

People die. Whoever brought Lan Di into the organisation would probably be quite old or dead by now. As for the topic in question, i believe all mystical elements (except Shenhua's thing) have been excised from the story. The reason we get no answers to Bailu's mysteries (the Shenmue tree(s)...
  13. F

Baji Quan - Art of Eight Extremities

Tornado kick always had a follow up kick, you just had to level it.
  14. F

Potential Shenmue 3 Retcons?

Well, guess that proves we'll learn it at some point.
Back