Recent content by Ghost_Messiah

1. Ghost_Messiah

NEW INFO - Shenmue 3 Reboot Conference Summary

It is definitely Pai from Virtua Fighter - but we don't know whether VF will be included as of yet. Suzuki could have worked his magic and used his status with the folks at Sega, but it remains to be seen. Could be possible. Would be a lovely surprise.
  2. Ghost_Messiah

In addition to Suzuki trying to ensure the character models adhere to a unified and cohesive vision, there's the swath of NPCs being outsourced to and handled by Lakshya Digital, which will be completely normal and unified. I'm almost certain Suzuki was specifically referring to his internal...
  3. Ghost_Messiah

Yu Suzuki to speak at "Reboot Develop Blue 2019"

My gut feeling is that Baisha is a proper third area, but just much smaller than the others and meant for the climax of the game. That "infiltration" mission makes it sounds like it's near the end and the game's third act. Highly, highly doubt it has been cut. They would have told the backers...
  4. Ghost_Messiah

Thank you @ShenSun ! Love, love, love the new screens as I said in the other thread. Particularly the arcade shot. And also actual arcade video games confirmed? Even if it's not that many? Awesome! Very happy with this update. Shenmue in-game looks exactly like Dreamcast Shenmue but at a higher...
  5. Ghost_Messiah

Looks fucking excellent, like AM2-era Dreamcast Shenmue as we thought, and that arcade shot is particularly exciting (like the nostalgia inducing forklift one). Pleasantly surprised if I'm being honest. In-game shots finally! Game looks much better than I expected, and it does appear Suzuki has...
  6. Ghost_Messiah

4.30pm BST for those of us in the UK so about 45 minutes from now, I think?
  7. Ghost_Messiah

Ah right was wondering what happened here. Dojo and its awesome, versed and up to date knowledgeable members saved me as always. Tomorrow it is then.
  8. Ghost_Messiah

Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

Holy shit! Engage the hype thrusters! Man, this is the first screenshot that really ignites the nostalgia. Just wonderful. Also didn't know Shenmue was in the UK PlayStation magazine. What was it, a feature?
  9. Ghost_Messiah

Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

Wow, thanks for posting this. Very, very awesome Shenmue 3 is hitting all the heavy hitter publications. Cover story on Edge (which might just be the most respected gaming magazine in the world) and now Famitsu which is huge in Japan and quite famous and notorious in the rest of the world also...
  10. Ghost_Messiah

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

One thing that I think is worth noting is that the general response to the trailer beyond the Dojo has been almost universally positive. ResetEra which is ex-NeoGAF are usually super harsh and critical - but I read the entirety of the trailer thread on Era and 90% of the responses were "Looks...
  11. Ghost_Messiah

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

Definitely. A new thread for these would be awesome and is much needed. VG247's preview is dropping soon (couple of days?) and then there'll be a plethora of other previews from journalists and press outlets that were there around the same time. Then there's interviews from the event which will...
  12. Ghost_Messiah

Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the behind closed doors session with the press who saw extended (10 minute?) gameplay should lead to an in-flux of new previews soon, in the coming days. Excited to read them.
  13. Ghost_Messiah

Mixed emotions. I've watched the trailer, read all the reactions on here and on ResetERA, and my opinion is probably mostly positive, but with reservations. Some of the trailer is fantastic and looks very good. Cinematic, with awesome dialogue and ultimately feeling very Dreamcast-era AM2 and...
  14. Ghost_Messiah

I was under the impression the trailer's dropping at the press conference in the morning - but that's just a presumption. We don't have confirmation. Realistically we're looking at two doses of Shenmue 3 between the two events, but at present we don't actually know what's being deployed where...
  15. Ghost_Messiah

I'm up and awake (3.35am here) but don't intend to pull an all-nighter as I'll be comatose by midday if I do. Hype is slowly increasing however as we draw ever closer. Plan is to go to sleep a few hours before the show kicks off and then wake up to all the media, mania and reactions. And I...
Back