Recent content by GhostTrick

1. GhostTrick

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

As for Cédric's comment, roughly translated (and not machine translated), it would be "Hello ! I cant communicate informations on that matter but you don't give numbers when you didn't nail it". Implying the game didn't set the charts on fire. We know indeed the game did financially "fine" at...
  2. GhostTrick

The render difference between 3d concept and realtime in Shenmue III

Because those 3D screens are touched up. Higher resolution and downsampling to clean up the image quality. Higher quality post-process. I also suspect them to manually touch up some stuff hence why some elements looks like they were drawn.
  3. GhostTrick

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Exactly the point. A 7 isn't seen today as a good score because the review scale moved up thanks to far too generous reviews. Before, you could play a 5/10 game, it'd be average. Today, a game getting mostly 5 is usually so bad it can even be broken on some aspects. It's not that people...
  4. GhostTrick

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

It's less that 7/10 is considered rubbish and more like big publications moved their scale toward 9-10. There's been a period (and it's still the case) in which anything decent was a 8, anything good was a 9 and anything great was a 10. That's also the reason why Metacritic doesn't apply the...
  5. GhostTrick

Shenmue III listed as one of the top releases of November in Steam

Thread title should be edited It's a top NEW releases. Which excludes any games that didn't release in November.
  6. GhostTrick

What is your estimated global sales of shenmue 3

It's not because that there may not have been an alternative to Deep Silver that it means their handling of the game was okay. Was it not for them, it would've been a worse situation yes. But does it mean they had to give up the game close to release ? I dont think so. I also dont think...
  7. GhostTrick

Yes and no. I dont think the game would've been a huge seller because of marketing material/reviews and such. I also dont think that the game would've sold as much copies as Epic bought. But while guaranteed money is good, copies sold are as important, if not more if you want a follow up...
  8. GhostTrick

They cant do a bundle between two publishers. Because there's nothing to gain for neither parties involved. Plus both games are currently on sales. That's not the issue. It was a difficult sale to do, but the issue is that DS killed any potential the PC release had. For the record, at full...
  9. GhostTrick

Thing is, it doesn't seem to be selling, even at that price.
  10. GhostTrick

Considering how little they communicated, I doubt they do.
  11. GhostTrick

If they wanted to sell the game at full price, that was a year ago, not a year later.
  12. GhostTrick

For what it's worth, the Steam release had a peak 335 concurrent users (so 335 people playing the game at the same time). That's nearly 5 times less than what Shenmue I-II had at launch on Steam. And in those 335 users, some of them might have had the game through kickstarter. So yeah, even...
  13. GhostTrick

The Pretentious Sophistry of Super Eyepatch Wolf and His Bad Take on Shenmue III

I think that it's more like because truly garbage games, or shovelware, are out of the equation. If you count them in, then it'd mean anything not broken would be an automatic 5/10. Just because it's running and not broken. But I also feel like because parts of the gaming industry review games...
  14. GhostTrick

Did Shenmue 3 hurt the series?

Then again, everyone's "score" is personnal. I wont jump on someone telling me "Shenmue III was the best thing ever in my life, period". But as a whole, there's a visible trend when it comes to scores that puts, as a whole, Shenmue I and II in the high 8s and III in the low 6s. On topic as a...
  15. GhostTrick

Did Shenmue 3 hurt the series?

If you check Senscritique, which was less likely to be tampered with, you'll see an average of 6.2 for 167 reviews. To me it's closer to the 6 than the 7. While every games can be divisive, while I understand that the fanbase has different opinions on the games... It's also obvious that...
Back