Recent content by gladias9

1. gladias9

Did Shenmue 3 hurt the series?

Hey, I've come to terms with the fact that the most vocal of our fanbase has Suzuki's ear and that's what led to mediocre Shenmue 3 and, inevitably, mediocre Shenmue 4. How else would it go if nobody else speaks up and challenges Suzuki for a better product? Why is this a feat though...
  2. gladias9

Did Shenmue 3 hurt the series?

I feel like fans saying that controversy and haters are what damaged the series are dooming us to have history repeat itself once again.. We're not giving Yu Suzuki criticism or pushing him to evolve, we're pushing the blame off onto something else. There are real issues with Shenmue 3 that...
  3. gladias9

Shenmue The Animation Episode 5: Equal SPOILERS thread

Real nice conclusion to Shenmue 1. Found an interesting use for a lot of the side characters in the final battle and managed to bring home the Guizhang/Chen relationship. The battle animations.. pretty damn good too.
  4. gladias9

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

This episode has the best action sequences by far. It also had a lot of breathing room, allowing for a lot more character moments. Loved the Grand Theft Shenmue moment with the bike. The amount of depth and screen time certain characters are getting is definitely a huge positive. I think they...
  5. gladias9

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

I love that about the anime. It's not entirely predictable and manages to make things more interesting in a lot of cases.
  6. gladias9

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

Really enjoying the storytelling in this episode. They expanded on the concepts of the criminal underworld to a very fascinating degree and how they connect the characters to it all is incredible. There's this cohesive narrative that is just slowly unraveling and everything you had to assume or...
  7. gladias9

There was a scene at the end after the Chai ambush where Lan Di says "We're leaving Japan" and he looks like he is still in the same room as when he interrogated that chinese man. I think it happened in present time, not past.
  8. gladias9

Lan Di speaking Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. gladias9

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

I'm glad to see you came around to liking the idea of a Shenmue anime, honestly I am surprised myself that it turned out so well
  10. gladias9

Nice.. ending S1 at 'THAT' episode would give S2 a lot of room to breathe without having to rush things to implement Guilin.
  11. gladias9

Predicting that we'll be getting a lot more Shenmue 3 nods in the future and if this is the case... it could be evidence that Ryo's time in Bailu will be completely re-written (for the better). If we're already gonna meet the S3 characters and get dialogue about the prophecy then what's to stop...
  12. gladias9

Subtitles for Shenmue 1 and 2

I actually toyed around with the script for S2, had some fun re-imagining Ryo as a rude schoolboy with very little patience or manners in his conversations with key characters. The thread is called "Subtitles Localization" here on Shenmuedojo. It has all the links you need.
  13. gladias9

[RELEASED] Shenmue 3 Kiwami Overhaul

It's cool. I have the time to make tweaks to things largely because I'm not working on another project. There's two files: One with the loading/menu screens removed and the other with loading/menu screens removed & camera adjustments removed (if that factors into changing the style at all) LINK...
  14. gladias9

Depends on which version you want. Check out the nexus page and I'll remove the screen from the version you choose.
  15. gladias9

I've posted an update, i believe the issue was me trying to force multiple enemies into attack mode at one time.
Back