Recent content by Guy-ManAfterAll

1. Guy-ManAfterAll

Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Hey, I'm late to the discussion, but I don't know if you played "The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa". It kind of have the feel of a 2D Shemue (Kind of), so maybe you can look at what the developer did and take some inspiration. If it's been mentionned to you already, then I am sorry.
  2. Guy-ManAfterAll

Things S3 did better than 1 and 2

I think alot of people missed on a lot of things Shenmue 3 did effectively better. I think this thread already said it all. But yeah, the fighting system against multiple opponents is way better, IMO. I also think that the side content is better in Shenmue 3 (both quality and quantity wise). The...
  3. Guy-ManAfterAll

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

Please, if issue #3 is announced, I hope we can order Issue #2 if we missed it :oops:
  4. Guy-ManAfterAll

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Yes, I do think the license can be somewhat profitable too. With Spin Off products, like the anime, a manga, novels, small spinoff games etc that the fans would jump onto, as well as bringing new fans thanks to a different take on the universe and using those profits to develop the main...
  5. Guy-ManAfterAll

Yeah. But also it feels like you have to expect to game to be sold almost only to the Shenmue's fanbase. Like, if you want to make Shenmue 4, you know the fans will be there. But apparently it won't attract much out of the fanbase.
  6. Guy-ManAfterAll

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

While I kinda agree (but it's more complicated than that imo), it's not quite the subject here. Here it's not someone who says "maybe Yu and his team should have aimed at ending the saga here as a trilogy", but he argues that the fact that Shenmue 3 wasn't the end came "as a surprise", like it...
  7. Guy-ManAfterAll

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Found this video of games with Wasted Potential. Shenmue 3 isn't in the top 10, but appears as a bonus at the end, because apparently they were expecting the game to end the saga but it didn't. And my random thought is just how the game during its kickstarter phase was announced as NOT the end...
  8. Guy-ManAfterAll

Looks like Shenmue 4 is back on the menu boys
  9. Guy-ManAfterAll

Well, we haven't had a tease for some times now. The only thing going that keeps my hope up is that they were quick to deny working with Itagaki and working on a new Devil's Third game, while they still haven't done so with Yu Suzuki or Shenmue.
  10. Guy-ManAfterAll

There were rumors of Tomonobu Itagaki working with 110, they discarded it pretty quickly (I mean the CEO discarded it), when someone asked for Devil's Third. Again, when they want, they are quick to shush the rumors and all. They still haven't done it with Yu Suzuki or Shenmue. Just saying.
  11. Guy-ManAfterAll

Yeah, either that means that they were never making Shenmue 4 (or a YSnet project) in the first place, and now they are trying to kinda slowly and gently kill the rumors. Or They are trying to cover tracks. But yeah, the lack of teasing recently tends to make me believe that maybe the big...
  12. Guy-ManAfterAll

Because it's in the middle of a lotta chunk of rumors surrounding Shenmue 4, or at least YSNet new project. It's been nearly 3 years after Shenmue 3, so it's almost proof that they are working hard on something.
  13. Guy-ManAfterAll

Hahaha I can understand. I guess we don't have the same tastes at all. But if Shenmue 4 isn't possible to do as a pure Shenmue game, I would still be okay with it being an Open World Telltale game basically.
  14. Guy-ManAfterAll

Yes. Because in the end Shenmue has a lot of things in common with a Point & Click tbh, so I pretty sure Yu could deliver some of the best modern Point Click
  15. Guy-ManAfterAll

On, about people saying we are the ones who grasped at straws... I really don't think so. They've made some VERY heavy Shenmue 4-oriented tease. And they never, EVER denied working with Yu or on Shenmue 4. The first is "Please make Shenmue 4 with Yu Suzuki" to which they answered "Guess why we...
Back