Recent content by GYO6161

1. GYO6161

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Animation looks good, go zero complaints there. However, the deal breaker for me is the dub. As someone who prefers dubs not only for Shenmue, but in general, I'm very disappointed by the complete lack of reprisal of roles. Not hearing Corey back is super weird and sucks big time, I've...
  2. GYO6161

Q&A with Shenmue Composer Ryuji Iuchi (ENG translation) Part 2/2

The talk about FM music, chip music and streaming, how it used to be produced, how the samples were converted, the differences between each was fascinating. I would be lying if I didn't miss the era of chip/sample music for games. Streaming is cool and allows for more things, but I feel it's a...
  3. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

I'm not a Yakuza fan, but I fell in love with Judgment and ever since playing that game, I've been curious about the Yakuza games, but the lack of dub turned me off from them. But now that it seems like after Judgment, they are starting to dub the games, I was curious about 7, but just like you...
  4. GYO6161

Shenmue III and PS5 Boost Mode

There you go.
  5. GYO6161

Random Gaming Thoughts

Played a bit of FF7R. My first game in the franchise. Not bad so far, I'm digging it quite a bit.
  6. GYO6161

Favorite Games of the Generation?

I feel I might like them, but I'm not a fan of the lack of dub for most of the games which is what gravitated me towards Judgment. The dub in the upcoming Like a Dragon game sounds great, but turn based isn't really my thing so there's that, heh. I might check out that Fist of the North Star...
  7. GYO6161

I did have fun with RDR2, Horizon and Doom, (I didn't care at all for Witcher 3.) but that's it. They good games, but I didn't love them enough to beat or get super far into them so def not games I would put as my favorites this generation. For me, gaming just ain't the same anymore as it was...
  8. GYO6161

This whole generation? Too many to count but on top of my head the biggest games I played were: Ryse: Son of Rome Sunset Overdrive The Order 1886 Bloodborne Witcher 3 Batman Arkham Knight DOOM 2016 The Last Guardian Horizon Zero Dawn Uncharted 4 Assassins' Creed Syndicate Just Cause 3 Shenmue...
  9. GYO6161

Shenmue I&II Shenmue III Judgment Yeah... that's it. Every other game I played was a blur for me. I didn't find this generation that particularly exciting or memorable. God I miss the 6th gen. Those were the days.
  10. GYO6161

What are you playing?

Just got the remake of Final Fantasy 7 gifted to me. So this will be my first embargo in the series. We'll see how it goes.
  11. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

Ah no wonder I couldn't find it then. Don't really feel like going through hops of making another PSN account of another region for a demo. Thanks anyways. Maybe they'll add a demo after launch in the west like they did with Judgment.
  12. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

I actually already tried giving the turn based RPG genre a chance years ago, I tried Chrono Trigger and Persona 4 which are two highly praised turn based games, but both didn't end up being my cup of tea. But to highlight the bolded part, I wasn't aware there was a demo of the game. Even...
  13. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

I likely have a miserable time with Yakuza 7 since I never play RPG's/Turn Based style games so I'm not accustomed to that type of game. Shame cause as a dub guy, the game's now starting to get dubbed is what got me to buy Judgment and 7's dub sounds great so far. Maybe I should give that Fist...
  14. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

As someone that loved Judgment and not big into turn based games, hopefully that minigame is a sign for things to come and they haven't fully given up on that genre.
  15. GYO6161

General RGG Discussion

The way they handled it was... well... unique? twitch.tv/xbox/clip/TangibleTrustworthyHerringDuDudu
Back