Recent content by Hermit

1. Hermit

Akira Toriyama has passed away.

Dragon Ball Z was everything to me and my brother when we were kids. We worshipped it. It's shaped who I am today. My hobbies and interests and I am sure my interest in Shenmue too. That is how much Akira Toriyama has had an impact on my life. I don't often feel anything for famous people...
  2. Hermit

SEGA announces: JSR/crazy taxi/streets of rage and more!

Not yet. Stuff came out today about a new Virtua Fighter game though.
  3. Hermit

I was reading through the Twitter thread more and Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi are getting remakes first, then they will release reboots of the games as GaaS titles. The reboots will be f2p and the remakes will be full price games.
  4. Hermit

Apparently this person has a 100% track record when it comes to leaks and rumours.
  5. Hermit

Not so great news / rumours when it comes to Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi. Both will be GaaS games, exactly what I feared. Jet Set Radio will have guns and similar to Fortnite when it comes to gamplay. Take it with a grain of salt for now though. It could easily just be somebody looking for...
  6. Hermit

VOTE Shenmue in Retro Gamer top 100 games of all time!

1 - Shenmue 2 - Shenmue 2 3 - ......... I've hit a road block already. Not because I can't think of any games, it's simply that there are too many to choose from :LOL:
  7. Hermit

It's Sega of Japan. Division 3, which is headed by Yuya Kimura, is the division that I am hearing is in charge of Jet Set Radio. They are also in charge of PSO2: New Genesis development, something I think has been more of a miss than a hit. They are also the division that is developing the first...
  8. Hermit

I found out that Jet Set Radio is being developed by Sega themselves, so at least one of these titles not getting outsourced.
  9. Hermit

Sega also put Ultimatum Games in charge of porting the PC version of the game to the Microsoft store..........Ultimatum Games have since shut down.
  10. Hermit

Remember the abandoned remake / remaster that Digital Foundry reported on a few years ago? That was D3T's original job before Sega cancelled it and had them work on the rereleases instead. How Sega could ever think such a small studio is capable of pulling that kind of thing off is mind...
  11. Hermit

Streets of Rage 4 was fully funded, developed and published by other studios, Sega gained nothing from it. So I suspect this time around it will be the same, with the only difference being that Sega will publish the games. This is where they stand to make profit on the games. I suspect that the...
  12. Hermit

I think I was right to be concerned about Streets of Rage. It looks like it's being developed by Komi Games, and from what I can see, they have developed a total of 2 games. This is one of the reasons why I said Sega are disrespecting their older ips a few weeks back. They are outsourcing them...
  13. Hermit

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Gotta be honest, with all of these old Sega titles coming back, and seeing that Sega have filed trademarks for Altered Beast, Eternal Champions, Kid Chameleon, Alex Kidd, After Burner, House of the Dead and Outrun recently, it hurts that we are not even getting a hint of Shenmue being amongst...
  14. Hermit

Rumours of a new Virtua Fighter to be revealed at the Game Awards.

Seems like something is in the works when it comes to Virtua Fighter, probably a ways off though.
  15. Hermit

Rumours of a new Virtua Fighter to be revealed at the Game Awards.

They said and more though, so who knows, there may still be a Virtua Fighter game on the way.
Back