Recent content by hmjohnny

1. H

Yu Suzuki seems to be working on a NFT project

Maybe you're right. you're certainly more optimistic than I am. However, I think the fact that he's moving into NFT's at all shows that he doesn't have any other reliable sources of income at the moment, and at the very least, Shenmue 4 is not in the works/on the horizon. It seems to me more...
  2. H

Yu Suzuki seems to be working on a NFT project

or just desperate. I think this is a bad move from both a PR standpoint and just an overall well being of the company. If he's moving into this space it's a signal that YSNet doesn't have anything on the horizon and Suzuki is running out of options to find income for himself. Given the news...
  3. H

Shenmue Book Series

I think he should just release the scripts in a bounded form. Spend a bit of money to get them translated into a few major languages and add in concept art and print it as a hardcover for a limited edition print. Should only cost a few hundred thousand to do, which is an easy sell to...
  4. H

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

woke up to this new on my feed this morning. I didn't even know that a second season was greenlit and to find out it was cancelled not because of ratings but corporate shenanigans is pretty heartbreaking. I was really looking forward to a second season...
  5. H

Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki, Masaya Matsukaze & Yu Kiyozono

I'm late to see this interview but it's disheartening to read that they are more interested in making a season that fleshes out Yokosuka than continue the anime. I was really hoping for a season 2 which goes into S3 and beyond but it sounds like not only do they have no plans to do that, they...
  6. H

If we can't get a fully-fledged Shenmue 4 what genre of game would you like instead?

If we can't get a fully fledged S4 I wouldn't want it to be a game at all. the anime was pretty decent and with a bit of a bigger budget could really do justice if it continued for a season 2.
  7. H

110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

I didn't see that on their twitter. can you link it?
  8. H

How do we know that the Trip Hawkins announcement wasn't what they were teasing at? What if we are waiting for another announcement that isn't coming
  9. H

Differences Between the Anime and the Games (SPOILERS!)

Some other changes I noticed: Ryo doesn't catch Wong - wong takes one for the team in the show as Dou Niu chucks him aside, would have been nice if Ryo or Ren tried to catch him Ren doesn't throw his knife at the map - they made it seem less that Ren was going solo in the show and just straight...
  10. H

I think you're right, they probably added this in part because people who didn't play the games were expecting some kind of confrontation at the end. It definitely seems like Lan Di is more sympathetic but essentially the same thing happens in the game when he just flies off so it could be that...
  11. H

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

Well, that's a wrap! Overall this was a really good show. It's not perfect by any means, and we all have our criticisms or desires for where it could have done more, but it really was so much better than my expectations for a budget anime. There were moments in the show that really impressed...
  12. H

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

well, that's a wrap. Overall another good episode. I get everyone's frustration with Guilin being truncated but I understand what they were trying to go for and get to the end of S2. I do wish the anime was 3-4 episodes longer, that would have really allowed things to get fleshed out more. I...
  13. H

I think there is a way to do it on the show but it would have ate a bit of screen time. Considering the limited episode run I totally understand why it was cut. It's a really cool scene but ultimately the same message can be explained to Ryo in a line of dialogue. That's true. it did take a...
  14. H

I want to believe. At this point I'm just expecting that their messing with us. If they are I'm going to understand because there's no point in a Shenmue fan getting their hopes up but at some level I'm going to pissed because, let's be honest, they knew what they were doing.
  15. H

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

One thing is I kind of wish the fights were a little more fleshed out. For a show about martial arts the fights are kind of fast/short. A lot of anime that focuses on martial arts are really more about the fighting than the story. I get that Shenmue is different but it would be nicer if it was...
Back