Recent content by Ian387

1. Ian387

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Seeing it again after some time to digest, I have to say those last two fights are epic! The look in Ryo's eyes, the choreography with both Lan Di and Dou Niu – it was spectacular and very much lived up to the games in my opinion. The encounter with Lan Di on the helicopter rungs had the same...
  2. Ian387

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 12 "Guidepost" thread

That was fun, but I agree it lacked the gravity of the Yellow Head Building setpieces in the games. They mixed up the finale in a similar way to what they did with the S1 arc, but I enjoyed this one a little more. Shame about the Baihu fight of course – his aura was so formidable that even...
  3. Ian387

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

After the somewhat muddled affair last week, I felt this one was 10/10 in every way! Loved it!
  4. Ian387

Shenmue The Animation Episode 5: Equal SPOILERS thread

The photo is present in the end credits, and it looks like in the anime canon Nozomi got the one of them together :relaxed: It's nice how even with the time constraints of the anime, the credits manage to make reference to these lost scenes - Mimi the kitten and the scene with Ryo and Nozomi...
  5. Ian387

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Looooool, I love how Ryo mispronounces his own town's name and the Chinese guy gets it right 😂
  6. Ian387

Hey we have a third trailer here! Linked to from the Movie section of the Japanese site: They kept the poem!! And from those clips it definitely looks like we're getting a lot more story and, spoiler, I'm blown away... Shenhua looks fantastic. I wonder whether they kept Haruka Terui from...
  7. Ian387

Dakara ore wa... TSUYOKU NARU!! 😃🤣 They've clearly made Ryo a bit more bad-ass but I'm kinda ok with that as far as turning it into an anime goes :relaxed: Hopefully we'll get plenty of quieter story-filled and character-building parts too – I'm hopeful! So hyped for this 😊
  8. Ian387

It's amazing how they seem to be keeping the Shenmue story to the letter. My assumption was that the anime would take Shenmue as a rough framework of ideas but that they'd go off and do their own thing with it; instead we have Heartbeats bar, the sword handguard, Master Chen, the same...
  9. Ian387

WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH this is amazing!! And I'm late! Wow. Just wow. That Japanese trailer! :O It's more Shenmue than I ever could have imagined. I simply can't believe how many plot parts and even everyday things they've managed to keep in there! All the characters, even minor ones from battles...
  10. Ian387

[RELEASE] Shenmue Audio Restoration Project - Shenmue English & Japanese Dub - Shenmue II English

That's fantastic – thank you so much! And what a difference :D The audio really cleans up nicely! Still some clicks and pops probably from the source, but no more horrible compressions and distortion. Massive thanks to Dewey for all his original work! Definitely makes the playthrough a nicer...
  11. Ian387

[RELEASE] Shenmue Audio Restoration Project - Shenmue English & Japanese Dub - Shenmue II English

Amazing Matt, what a legend! Absolutely loving the podcast by the way ☺ Merry Christmas to you and the whole Dojo!
  12. Ian387

Really wanted to try this but the download for the Shenmue I Japanese file no longer seems to be available? (https://www.nexusmods.com/shenmue/mods/23) Would be great to have this 'restored'! 🙂
  13. Ian387

Shenmue Dojo Interviews: Ryan Payton

This was an absolutely fascinating set of interviews and they were fantastically conducted. Kudos! I listened to the entire Dojo podcast series back to back yesterday while on a long walk in the snow, just after finishing Shenmue III for the first time. Exactly as others have said, these...
Back