Recent content by icuk

1. icuk

It is weird that Yu-San was so unwilling to give any message about Shenmue4 in Shenmue3

Shenmue (I+II) was a very ambitious game, Sega funded the game but it went way over budget. So, in the end it had to be released in the state it was in no matter what. Luckily there was a lot of things completed within the game so all was good. Shenmue 3 also went beyond it's scheduled release...
  2. icuk

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

After the fast forward nature of the first few episodes in Yokosuka, I'm really enjoying the slower pace and character development of the past few episodes. I really hope this gets a longer run for the second season. Top notch.
  3. icuk

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 7 "Future" THREAD

I can't wait until Ryo spams Shinbone Smash from Shenmue 3, Lan Di doesn't stand a chance against that move.
  4. icuk

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

I'm really enjoying watching this. One thing that's really apparent is just how cinematic the original games were. That's not to say the anime is poor, it's just that the games were so good!
  5. icuk

Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

I've received my copy and it really is a fantastic package. The magazine itself has a really great look and feel, it far exceeded my expectations! :D Really appreciate the effort that went into putting something like this together. Thanks. (y)
  6. icuk

SHENMUE DOJO 20TH ANNIVERSARY XMAS BONANZA!

Congratulations to the winner. :D It turned into an amazing giveaway and was a real pleasure to help out towards the very special 20th anniversary of the Dojo + UK release. Thanks for the 20 years guys, here's to 20 more!
  7. icuk

How to access story quest dlc

I'm playing the PC version. I've tried multiple saves without any joy. I'm giving up until the next DLC, I'm not wasting any more time messing about with this.
  8. icuk

Battle Rally Leaderboard

I did these last week but I haven't had time to do the final 2 courses yet. I'll have a bash when I get the chance. Rainbow Basin - 30600pts - 00'38"63 Panda Market - 37000pts - 01'05"85 Langhuishan - 47400pts - 01'04"35 Man Yuan Temple - 55400pts - 01'08"04 Tao-Get Store -...
  9. icuk

Shenmue 3 official merchandise [poll]

Shenmue 3 trainers, dunno about anyone else but I'd buy a pair!
  10. icuk

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

The fighting system is mostly enjoyable, but it does have some issues which annoy me when I'm playing it. One of the most annoying things in multi opponent fights is the targeting system. Give me the option to turn off the opponent targeting or incorporate a strafe button. If I'm surrounded by...
  11. icuk

Shenmue 3 - a fighting game with RPG elements or an open world game/RPG with fighting game elements?

Ah, I didn't realise you could beat the final boss of Shenmue II like that! I can honestly say I never spam the low kick like that during my play throughs. Don't get me wrong, I do like some aspects of the new fighting system. I agree that expanding on the slow motion counter would make things...
  12. icuk

Shenmue 3 - a fighting game with RPG elements or an open world game/RPG with fighting game elements?

Just wondering how people see this franchise progressing after Shenmue III. Do you see it progressing more as a fighting game series with RPG elements or do you think there will be more emphasis on it being a RPG series with some fighting game elements? One of the reasons I first became...
  13. icuk

Was the english voice acting necessary ?

I chose the Japanese dub for my 1st playthrough. Now I'm playing through the game again with the English dub. They both have their pros and cons imo, but I'd be happy with either. 500k per dub is quite an expense if true, but, with this being a crowd funded game you're damned if you do and...
  14. icuk

Shenmue Dojo Xmas Bonanza Giveaway!

It's a pleasure. I've also dug something else out which you can include if you think it's worthy of inclusion. I'll send you a PM in a bit. I'm still recovering from having a massive Christmas dinner at my Mom's! :D
  15. icuk

Shenmue Dojo Xmas Bonanza Giveaway!

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen much neater Yu Suzuki signatures since I bought that! :ROFLMAO: Can I offer something to add to the prize package? I can post it to you if you like. It's a promo Shenmue transfer sheet which I got when I visited Japan many years ago. There is a story behind how I got...
Back