Recent content by jabberwok

1. jabberwok

would love to see the walkman and camera in the next game...

Yeah, agree with that. Not sure how to make it more useful without potentially overriding the intended mood. The player's room would need to be a place where they're doing something for it to be very useful. In S3, the main time I could've used something like that was walking around outside the...
  2. jabberwok

would love to see the walkman and camera in the next game...

...returning from S1 and 2, maybe as items to find or purchase. Kind of miss collecting cassettes. It was one of the more interesting ways to spend money, and helped kill time while waiting around for the bus or something. They could even improve it by letting the music play outside the menu, so...
  3. jabberwok

Shenmue 1 - can't finish Mai quest? (minor spoilers)

Was replaying this, and I helped Mai at the harbor by beating up those girls in a QTE. Then I'm supposed to go back and tell Hisaka, but she had already left for the day. So I went to a new day and advanced the story, and now there's no way to tell her about helping Mai. No cutscene triggers...
  4. jabberwok

Do you think Shenmue would have sold better if...

I'm not sure I would've liked Shenmue if they had erased or truncated the first chapter. Yokosuka is what made me fall in love with the series, as an adventure game. Maybe they could've marketed it differently, but I'm not sure that it's particularly great as an action game. I would guess that...
  5. jabberwok

Shenmue 3 Demake

I could use lower res textures, anyway. Wouldn't mind having the game run faster, and I usually want good AA and lighting more than I care about high res textures. Still, it's fun to imagine what Bailu would've looked like with the sort of level geometry they could manage in the DC era. I...
  6. jabberwok

Shenmue 3 Demake

Wishful thinking, I guess. :grimacing:
  7. jabberwok

Shenmue 3 Demake

Out of curiosity, is Shenmue 2 moddable enough for someone to add new areas, making their own level geometry and dialogue? Still a ton of work, I know, but I wonder if it would be technically possible to implement S3's story that way. Just using S2's limitations and mechanics, rather than a full...
  8. jabberwok

Was there ever a chance of Sega being involved with S3?

Yeah, true. And I'm not that surprised that they are risk averse, like most companies, when it comes to funding. I actually don't know this, but I guess I'm also assuming that Sega not being involved is why we didn't get things like the capsule toys and arcade cabinets from other IPs of theirs...
  9. jabberwok

Was there ever a chance of Sega being involved with S3?

Apologies if this is common knowledge, I'm fairly new to the site, and the series. I did try to search a bit first. I don't typically care about publishers, but Sega's iconography was such a big part of the first two games, and I kind of miss it in 3. And it would've been so nice to have some...
  10. jabberwok

DC Shenhua model for Shenmue 3

Would be amazing if there was some way to get ahold of the model they used for the 2015 E3 trailer. Looked a lot more like the original character to me.
  11. jabberwok

Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Looking forward to the 2nd issue KS, since I missed out on this one. And I guess there will be a digital version available on the Dojo at some point? Would be really cool if the 2nd kickstarter had a tier to get the first issue as well....
  12. jabberwok

Mod Requests for Shenmue III

Would love to see an S3 mod that just swaps Shenhua's model for her model from S2, as you did for Ryo. That seems potentially easier than making alterations to her outfit. And personally, her appearance in 3 weirds me out. Even aside from her clothes, she looks like a completely different person.
Back