Recent content by jasonorme666

1. jasonorme666

A Year Of Reflection

So it's been a year since release, and a year since I completed the game. 53 hours I spent with Shenmue 3, no fast travelling, taking everything in as slow as possible. I remember telling my wife how much I was enjoying the game, and how it felt like Shenmue. And then I suddenly wasn't and it...
  2. jasonorme666

Kickstarter PC physical shipped

Still nothing here.. didn't even get an e-mail.
  3. jasonorme666

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Eric Kelso as Fuku-san

Was Eric Kelso not approached to do the voice of Fuku-san (and Ren I believe) ?. Would love to know the story behind how this came about. Great stuff.
  4. jasonorme666

Hotel Niaowu

It's the direction you approach from which determines what cutscene plays.
  5. jasonorme666

Can we discuss an Unpopular opinion

I mean.. I'm from the UK so I played Shenmue 2 in Japanese on Dreamcast, and it was fine once I got used to it., and I've played all the Yakuzas which after a while you forget you are even reading. As much as I would miss the English VO with all its jankyness and meme fuel... A Japanese VO only...
  6. jasonorme666

Chinese lamp ?

It's in the light shop next to that Buddhist statue that you have to walk around (where the bell/gong blocks the path).
  7. jasonorme666

IGN Discusses why Shenmue 3’s ending is a big disappointment

IGN's review was horrible.. but this article is on point.
  8. jasonorme666

Ren should of died - S3 needed a dramatic plot twist

Ren wasn't in S3 enough to bother killing him off. Ren's whole appearance was lacklustre, which is a shame because he really shines in Shenmue 2.
  9. jasonorme666

How did Shenhua get the Bailu thug boss Yongling to talk?

I didn't like the scene... it felt out of character. I felt like a lot of the humour in the game didn't translate well to the west and was more bewildering than funny.
  10. jasonorme666

Rain is a little too transparent?

Yeah, it's not very noticeable. A lot of games have this same issue.
  11. jasonorme666

Can we discuss an Unpopular opinion

The game sold poorly in Japan, if anything Japanese VO makes less sense... even more so considering everyone but Ryo is Chinese.
  12. jasonorme666

Food to run!!

I don't really run in games, I didn't in Shenmue 1 or 2, GTA V, Skyrim, Fallout.. I don't even fast travel. So I can't say it was ever really a problem.
  13. jasonorme666

Mr sun

Do you mean the body check move? Isn't it Y B A X B ? You can only do it in a QTE, it isn't a move you can do in free combat.
  14. jasonorme666

This game is keeping me awake at night lol

He's only joking. Welcome.
  15. jasonorme666

DLC

The screenshots with Zhang have been around awhile. I'm guessing unfinished content.
Back