Recent content by jcjimher

1. J

Development Log #4

The shots released at the beginning of the project were wonderful but a bit overdone in some areas. But these look absolutely PERFECT. Personally don't find anything to nitpick. Keep doing this way. It will be a dream come true when released! (and I get emotional when I think how Wan Chai and...
  2. J

Will Shenmue end in Shenmue V?

I'll also jump into the team that thinks Shenmue IV will happen, and will be the last one. At the circumstances of Shenmue III conception, with all the power of the comeback and the record-setting kickstarter, it was sensible to think the series had a chance for revival, and thus the hope of...
  3. J

Shenmue Talk Series Episode 8 : Shenmue 4 - How to Improve, Modernize and Keep the Essence Alive.

I really like your idea of tying up gameplay and story more tightly, and adding more non-linearity to game progression. But, for a fourth game, I think the story should be much more substantial and dive directly into the core lore. So, instead of seeking out new grandmasters, you could seek...
  4. J

General Impressions

I guess you are referring to the existing Shenmue games. Not to an eventual new installment. I personally have only played Shenmue III once, too. I think I will play it again whenever IV is close to release :-D. Just as I did with I&II (that I hadn't replayed since 2002). In the meantime...
  5. J

Will Shenmue end in Shenmue V?

That would be one hell of an excellent epilogue/ending for the series. It also gave me chills.
  6. J

Shenmue IV Models (MetaHuman)

All these ultrarealistic shots feel like a Shenmue real life movie was made in a parallel universe (like the Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat ones) :D
  7. J

Cel Shading can be a good choice for Shenmue IV?

The one thing that they nailed with Shenmue III was graphics. I expect and I wish a Shenmue IV continues the Shenmue III look.
  8. J

Music change for Shenmue 3 (in progress) (Alpha 0.8 released)

That's true. But that was precisely the point. Reusing music from Shenmue 2 Guilin chapter for Shenmue 3 Bailu village makes perfect sense IMO. It should have been reused more, indeed. Yeah. I didn't mind hearing old tracks in random shops in Niaowu. It was nice to know we could hear the...
  9. J

General Impressions

I agree that pure story is not the main point of Shenmue, and I agree that Shenmue III didn't answer most questions from the previous games. But, I disagree that it gave us many significant new questions. Which were them? The way I see it, Shenmue III felt kind of hollow. And my main problem...
  10. J

It's amazing how such simple changes can change the feeling of the game so much. All the changes feel perfect so far!! Keep going! (It's baffling how such a long and detailed track could be wasted on the Lucky Hit minigame.)
  11. J

I think reusing Shenmue II Guilin music for Shenmue III Bailu makes plenty of sense. And the Bailu square one would be the first one I would replace, too, because of the strong link with Shenmue II intro you mentioned. But...I suggest you to use this one song for Bailu square instead of the one...
  12. J

What Fixes Would You Make?

This made me throw whatever I was drinking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Give Ryo and Shenhua some rollerblades while you are at it, and let them grind their way on the electric lines and the billboards of Bailu Village LOL
  13. J

(Top 5) Why you love Shenmue III?

Your five point list, @code l name , feels like being directly dumped from my brain. I don't overall "love" Shenmue III, but those are the 5 things I love about Shenmue III. Well, maybe I would add the phone conversations to the point #3, which are kind of similar in vibe to the Shenhua...
  14. J

(Top 5) Why you love Shenmue III?

I will begin by saying that I agree 200% with you, @Hiki , about the Shenhua's house nightly conversations music track. That song and that story moment justifies the whole existence of Shenmue III and the 18-year wait :D . With that said, I really like your post, because I think it reflects...
  15. J

What Fixes Would You Make?

Another change that I reckon could be easy to implement is fixing the title screens. Substitute this screen: With something much more minimal, and in line with the previous games, which were like this: Something like this fan creation would be great: If the PRESS ANY BUTTON must remain...