Recent content by Jimb0d

1. J

Shenmue The Anime - Final Ratings

6 - it was fun and had some extra scenes over the game bit. However, the poor fight scenes were pretty unforgivable in a shenmue based series and I don't think Yokasuka was given time to breathe. Will instantly resubscribe if S3 gets the anime treatment but would much prefer S4 proper and...
  2. J

Your Positive Highlights of Shenmue III

Telling Joy you will take her out/get her a present, knowing Ryo is about to fuck it up. ;)
  3. J

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I think the UK still had a very strong videogame magazine culture when shenmue came out and that would have helped a lot. Most of us at the time had an interest in developers, an emotional investment in the Dreamcast and sega etc. There was a ready made fanbase for a well crafted game like shenmue.
  4. J

SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

I don't really understand this 'grinding' everyone is upset about. I just finished the game the other day on normal and at all points it was fairly easy to get cash or have acceptable kung-fu so long as you gently engaged with these elements on a daily basis.
  5. J

Questions following first playthrough *spoilers*

Hi. I loved the feeling of this game but was disappointed with the abrupt ending. Longtime fan of the series and hope we get 4. Loved seeing my name in the backer credits. A few things I'm thinking of before restart: - Has anyone experimented with phone calls at different parts of the plot? I...
  6. J

Thoughts on the phone calls?

I haven't seen anyone mention it but does everyone only have the 2 calls (3 responses each), apart from joy? She has the extra response once you meet ren. Does anyone else get one?
  7. J

What level should my Kung Fu be at before heading to the last area?

Put mud spider on if you are not used to using l2
  8. J

What Is Your Biggest Achievement In Gaming?

Gold on all tracks - even supergrass on donkey konga.
  9. J

Wich games have been remotely able to surprise you as Shenmue did?

Monkey island - the humour, varied gameplay and scale were incredible. I still quote the swordfight insults today. Another World - graphics were stunning, soundtrack and set pieces were unique and the co-op with npc was really novel. The blaster/shield mechanic was cool as well. Big cliffhanger...
  10. J

Personality type of a Shenmue fan

ESTP-A entrepreneur. I also know through different tests that I am a curious, logical monitor - evaluator ;)
Back