Recent content by JohnBlack

1. J

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

Well, the episode was great. Pacing is still fast, but honestly, It feels not that rushed if you view two episodes in one sitting, so probably watching the whole 4-5 episodes will be the best way of getting this original Shenmue vibe. Overall hats off to writers for making a smooth transition...
  2. J

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Still dont understand why they doing dubbing at all. Even Yakuza 1 was not that good and we had AAA dubbing actors like Kari Wahlgren, ofc Mark Hamill, John DiMaggio and other super popular voice-actors.
  3. J

General RGG Discussion

For me it was much harder as majima. But i was just running circles around him when he rush and then couple of attacks from back. When you got legend style you can jump and bounce off his back.
  4. J

What are you playing?

Sad to say that im completely missed Silent Hill series, now catching up through Silent Hill 2 and its just as good as all good reviews.
  5. J

What are you playing?

Graphics in horizon is absolutely stunning. However plot was a huge letdown for me.
  6. J

Japanese Music

My favourite track from favourite album.
  7. J

What YouTube Channels are you Subscribed to?

Joe Rogan Experience 와썹맨-Wassup Man Solfa Cinemassacre
  8. J

Would the scope of Shenmue...

Shenmue is pretty small by modern standarts. Its not that hard to do the game of this scope nowadays.
  9. J

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Yuan was a male in DC version of Shenmue II, however got censored and transformed to female in XBox ver. They even rerecorded voices.
  10. J

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

Honestly, being a developer myself, i just think devs did really bad job, because there are some issues where you just wonder how this can be missed out.
  11. J

How strong do you feel about Shenmue 3 now?

Honestly, probably im not the biggest shenmue fan then but in my ideal world: Yu Suzuki is working on AAA titles at Sega, and Shenmue III is not announced. I really wish the best to Suzuki, but i think Shenmue II ending is perfect one. Yes, its a cliffhanger, but its one of the greatest endings...
  12. J

is Yakuza really the spiritual successor or are gamers ignorant?

Its fun that Kiryu basically is just the mob version of Ryo Hazuki. One dimensional character that is now seem really outdated in games.
  13. J

Your gaming history? What were your first systems?

NES->Mega Drive->Dreamcast->PC->X360->PS4
  14. J

List Your Top Favourite Games of ALL TIME!

1) Shenmue II 2) TES III: Morrowind 3) Kotor 2 4) Yakuza 0 5) The Last of Us 6) Uncharted 4 7) Resident Evil 3 8) Grim Fandango 9) Syberia
Back