Recent content by Joka

1. J

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

Always nice to see new Shenmue and Yu coverage in media. Also nice to see that Yu is still very open (even keen?) to keep making Shenmue games, he could be forgiven for just drawing a line under it now let's be real. On S4 - when I read the bit about him saying it would need to cater more to a...
  2. J

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

I really hope Yu gets to tell the whole story, anime seemed like the most likely way this was going to happen but now who knows. I initially thought this was straight up terrible news but if the knock on effect is that it dissolves any legalities with Adult Swim it could actually be positive...
  3. J

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Well yes... But he doesn't seem annoyed by it does he? Surely if there was no ongoing discussions with 110 on S4 then you'd think he'd be pretty firm and clear in his response that they had nothing to do with it. There's no benefit to him or the future of Shenmue in allowing them to suggest...
  4. J

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Agreed. Disc 4/Guilin became bittersweet to me on repeated plays, because you knew it was leading to an unresolved saga back when hope was gone for S3, I used to stretch the Guilin section out and scour Shenhua's for anything we'd missed. They were the days 😄 It also played a crucial role in...
  5. J

The story goes on.... Great episode imo! My theory about Xiuying arriving on the rooftop didn't pan out and I thought Zhu just negotiating with Lan Di to stop was weak - surely Lan Di already knows of Bailu Village so required more info than that to be convinced to leave?! In the games Lan Di...
  6. J

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 12 "Guidepost" thread

But... He's not Ziming is he 😄😉
  7. J

Oh wow, you're bonus point system is cruel lol. I don't see how Ryo can be directed to Guilin in a satisfactory way without the mirror secret map being revealed by Zhu. It's his key role... Maybe he quickly tells Ryo a clue to unlocking it himself before being taken, or he's passed the message...
  8. J

Has it, by Yu? I don't recall that tbh but if that's true fair enough but he's still one of their members surely? He clearly is implied as a member in that comic... The whole 'stronger than me' alluding to him joining them and him being with Niao Sun in one of their locations. Anyway one thing...
  9. J

Interesting point... In Shenmue 2 it's not actually clear why Lan Di just flies off anyway is it? He basically observes the Don Niu fight and kind of acknowledges that Ryo has improved silently but then leaves... Don Niu is nowhere near Lan Di's own level so if he wanted Yuanda Zhu so badly as...
  10. J

Just watched and can only really echo what most people have said, really liked how they pulled the Joy and Wong story threads together that the anime has been sprinkling, showing how Ryo has actually impacted on them. The Baihu fight was awful and clearly rushed, I think I would've preferred...
  11. J

Not sure how legit the rotten tomatoes episode descriptions are but the final 2 episodes seem to be mapped out
  12. J

They have a bit of a fight in the first ep don't they, and Lan Di gives him the scar... So, I guess if they do end up fighting in the Kowloon rooftop it'll be with Lan Di considering Ryo so beneath him and unworthy of anything more than a put down and then tells Don Niu to finish him. Or Lan Di...
  13. J

That is a very good point! The descriptions of the last 2 episodes suggest this is the case also.... I thought Kowloon would be finished in the next ep, with Guilin getting the final ep, but maybe not
  14. J

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

Ha, I didnt forget she was an orphan, just thought the reference maybe to them knowing of her father and what happened to him... Which would've been a pretty big exclusive for the anime. But it's definitely a reference to Joy's father and those flashbacks of her (which are great), as you said.
  15. J

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

I think the anime mirrors the games in terms of Xiuying saving Ryo doesn't it? She definitely steps in at Man Mo Park, the Qtr scene with Yuan/yellowhead thugs and Don Niu also
Back