Recent content by Joqu

1. Joqu

PC Gamer Interview with D3T about bringing Shenmue 1 & 2 to PC/back to life.

Well, not if Sega didn't give them the necessary resources.
  2. Joqu

Shenmue Audio Restoration Project.

They talk about audio porting difficulties in the new PC gamer interview. There's a thread in the 1 and 2 subforum, but here's a link: https://www.pcgamer.com/how-sega-brought-shenmue-back-to-life-on-pc/
  3. Joqu

Higher res texture mods possible (example photo)

Thanks for the fix. Was it just a case of it loading a different texture file in that area?
  4. Joqu

Shenmue Audio Restoration Project.

I really appreciate the work you're putting into this, and it'll probably end up being our only option to fix things, but I can't help but feel like we first should try to get d3t to patch these issues before undertaking such a gargantuan effort. Especially since the console players deserve high...
  5. Joqu

It was mentioned in the post you quoted but they're using the site letsenhance.io I don't quite understand it myself, but it's using artificial intelligence to upres the image. Basically it's now possible to upscale images with added detail, it's pretty exciting stuff.
  6. Joqu

I've heard about waifu2x, but the results aren't nearly as impressive. Anyway, thanks for the jacket mod, I'll give that a try asap! edit: Just some quick first impressions: Looks really good. However the texture does revert to the original low quality one when you're in the tomato store. I...
  7. Joqu

Not bad. I'm noticing a few more issues with this one, but it's still a good result. Seems like a great way to deal with the huge amount of less important / memorable npcs, especially as a first step. Though I did experiment with some of the smaller textures and the results with those were...
  8. Joqu

Oh, I'm REALLY impressed by that one. That's just a definite improvement all around! I'm looking forward to your release. :)
  9. Joqu

Did the upscaling program cause the color differences? I prefer the original tint, it's supposed to be sepia, but that's an easy enough photoshop fix. Anyway, I'm quite impressed by the results. With an asset like that there's not much one could do to improve the low resolution short of...
  10. Joqu

I definitely want a download link to that! The other HD jacket looks nice, but I really love the results you got. (And uh yeah, if you're interested in doing the rest of him / other passport models that'd be great too. Otherwise I'll just have to look into the technique myself I guess.)
  11. Joqu

Mods I'd like to see for Shenmue 1&2 HD (Mod Requests)

I feel like this should be fairly easy to accomplish, but I'd love to use a mod that removes that annoying camera icon during Shenmue 2 cutscenes. Ideally it'd briefly show up when you take a photo, but that would surely make it complicated again? Unless you could hide the regular icon, but...
  12. Joqu

I suggest you resize the Sega logo a little, it's getting cut off a little on the right which doesn't look right to me. Also, I'm not sure where the yellow dot comes from, but hey, I don't read Japanese. Is that a period you added? I don't mind, I'm just curious what's up with that! Anyway...
  13. Joqu

ReShade Shenmue & Shenmue II HD

DSR does indeed fix the MXAO for me, but it also creates a terribly pixelated UI at lower factors like the 2x factor, while 4x looks crisp but breaks the UI (I know that's on Shenmue's end). And a native 1080p causes far too much shimmering to my taste, so I still haven't found a solution I'm...
  14. Joqu

That's a great improvement, good job! As for that difference, I can't say I'm attached to the pink bit so I don't mind either way! Haha. But I don't think it necessarily looks really bad. I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I took the freedom to make a mockup with a touch of the pink added...
  15. Joqu

ReShade Shenmue & Shenmue II HD

My monitor is a native 1080p. I was using a 200% resolution scale so I believe that means it was running at 4k. Perhaps I could try to downsample it using a third party program, I'm not sure if the issue would persist if the game thinks it's running at a higher resolution at 100%. I guess I'll...
Back