Recent content by jsh020

1. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

great news I mean do keep in mind, the caveat here is POTENTIAL sales, so its not actually hard numbers, but it at least gives a good sign that it'll be closer to 6's sales than not.
  2. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

I think we are past franchise fatigue unless you count the remasters which only really counts for newer fans, but it was really bad during yakuza 0-fotns releases where even for me there was just too much, granted i had no problem blasting through 0 and 6 cause they were new experiences, the...
  3. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

I mean yes it did, but yakuza 6 had beat takeshi whose literally the most well known and beloved actor in japan and 6 still underperformed at launch. I'm sure both helped sales but I doubt that made a massive difference these games have been declining rapidly in sales since 5, I think its really...
  4. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

Series still continues its pretty steep decline in japan, thats #1 but thats down about 70K copies from yakuza 6 which on release was considered a disappointment at the time https://www.dualshockers.com/yakuza-6-sales-slightly-unsatisfactory-ps4-exclusive/ I think its safe to assume RGG has...
  5. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

Honestly its worth it even just to play yakuza 3 with a not horrendous translation like the ps3 release had. The addition of 4 and especially 5 at 60 fps just makes it a steal.
  6. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

I heard a few people throw around the word grinding so maybe this is more a problem of people being under-leveled or underprepared considering the game only came out a little while ago so it isnt out of the question people may have rushed, although sometimes when your playing a game like this...
  7. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

I've been hearing some very concerning things about the later half of 7 but I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but the more upfront thing I'm hearing is that the boss fights in the last act are too long for their own good and get up into the 20-30 minute lengths which I really hope is not true cause...
  8. jsh020

SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

you just totally ignored my point, I don't care if you dislike the review itself, I care that some of you guys are like "FUCK THIS ENTIRE SITE!!!" over this single review when there's an entire staff of diverse opinions and viewpoints there. There's always going to misfires and I think unless...
  9. jsh020

SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

Can we please stop saying fuck an entire site every time 1 guy gives a score we dont agree with, they aren't the only ones that work there. And vice versa stop putting everyone that gives it a good score on a pedestal like how people here kept defending niche gamer at all times despite them...
  10. jsh020

Games You Like if You Like Shenmue

Its not autonomous but incredibly scripted, but it is the absolute best example ive seen of handling npcs in any game, it essentially changes the dialogue of npcs every single time anything of note happens and actually develops to give each and every one of them names, relationships, sometimes...
  11. jsh020

General RGG Discussion

FUCK YES!!! Best Yakuza 5 side character has escaped the curse of being a one off character
  12. jsh020

Games You Like if You Like Shenmue

yep pretty much the first and only one that comes to mind, just gotta keep in mind its a game made on literally no budget and released for 20 bucks, still one of my favs of that generation and I think its amazing how a game that jank and kind of awful in so many aspects can find an audience and...
  13. jsh020

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Honestly I wouldn't put it past Nagoshi to outright decline the offer anyway, hes the CCO of sega and he is stil hands on for a years franchise that's arguably going into its most important projects since the one that started it all, its not a small feat to release a brand new spin off thats...
  14. jsh020

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Something people need to understand is that while Dragon engine is a pretty worthwhile engine and can do some absolutely insane stuff especially seen in judgment's mood and atmosphere near the game's pretty tonally distinct 3rd act, its also an engine that only RGG studio knows how to use and...
  15. jsh020

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

I think it needs to pick a lane and go for it, either simplify the combat to more of a simple beat em up or go hard in the fighting game direction. If it goes the simple beat em up the introduction of weapons would be a great way to build up variety in combat and change things up. Downside...